Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ara-mia

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2015
As a big fan of Wacom's EMR tech and the now-very-obsolete Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet, this "bump" to the Tab A feels like the closest thing to a true successor I could hope for!

https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/24/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-10-inch-s-pen/

I'm curious to see how the upgraded display will appear in person, as the original Tab A's panels didn't really impress. Hopefully Best Buy will have these on the floor by sometime next week! Might soothe a few broken hearts after so many Note 7 owners were forced to surrender their S Pens ;)

Reactions: rhinosrcool

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
As a big fan of Wacom's EMR tech and the now-very-obsolete Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet, this "bump" to the Tab A feels like the closest thing to a true successor I could hope for!

https://www.engadget.com/2016/10/24/samsung-galaxy-tab-a-10-inch-s-pen/

I'm curious to see how the upgraded display will appear in person, as the original Tab A's panels didn't really impress. Hopefully Best Buy will have these on the floor by sometime next week! Might soothe a few broken hearts after so many Note 7 owners were forced to surrender their S Pens ;)
Yes. I, too, will be checking this out. A year ago, I gave my note 10.1 2014 tab to a friend and have missed it ever since. The resolution is good; much better than some of their latest tabs.

Reactions: ara-mia

macfacts

macrumors 601
Oct 7, 2012
Cybertron
I'm disappointed that it looks like no AMOLED display which means no AOD for writing notes/pinning notes to the screen.

ara-mia

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2015
I'm disappointed that it looks like no AMOLED display which means no AOD for writing notes/pinning notes to the screen.
Agreed, it's a shame they skipped out on it this time around :( I can only assume the upgrade to AMOLED would have forced them to increase the price, and maybe they wanted to maintain the same price point as the previous (penless) 10.1" Tab A? I would have gladly paid more, though, for a screen that could really go up against the smaller iPad Pro's!

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Sep 5, 2009
MN
Agreed, it's a shame they skipped out on it this time around :( I can only assume the upgrade to AMOLED would have forced them to increase the price, and maybe they wanted to maintain the same price point as the previous (penless) 10.1" Tab A? I would have gladly paid more, though, for a screen that could really go up against the smaller iPad Pro's!

Unfortunately, the fact that you would pay more doesn't apply to the public. Tablets are a tough sell. Believe me, I get what you want. However, if a less spectacular screen, but still probably very good, gets them to produce a Note-like tablet, I'm all for it.

Reactions: ara-mia
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.