Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 24, 2021
I have a Samsung S22 plus and Tab S8 and a regular Windows laptop. I was wondering if anyone had a Samsung GalaxyBook2 Pro and other Samsung devices and what they thought of the integration between the devices and if it felt anything like what Apple does with their devices.

I am more invested in Mac environment but I like to be platform independent to a degree. The integration between Galaxy devices is pretty good and even with my windows laptop but I think it would be better on a Samsung laptop.

I may wait for the sales during Black Friday and see if I can get a GalaxyBook 2 Pro and sell my current Windows laptop I got really cheap. Then I would have to interconnected independent platforms I could work on both having very similar feature set.

SteveJUAE

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2015
Land of Smiles
I have a Samsung S22 plus and Tab S8 and a regular Windows laptop. I was wondering if anyone had a Samsung GalaxyBook2 Pro and other Samsung devices and what they thought of the integration between the devices and if it felt anything like what Apple does with their devices.

I am more invested in Mac environment but I like to be platform independent to a degree. The integration between Galaxy devices is pretty good and even with my windows laptop but I think it would be better on a Samsung laptop.

I may wait for the sales during Black Friday and see if I can get a GalaxyBook 2 Pro and sell my current Windows laptop I got really cheap. Then I would have to interconnected independent platforms I could work on both having very similar feature set.
I only have the GB Pro 360 series 1 and used it with my Fold 3 and 4 and although it comes with a series of built in apps that match your Galaxy phones I cant say I actually used any of them in anger

When I compare paring and integration (ECO) with my razor laptops I cant say I notice anything different/better with the GB Pro 360, but the series 2 offers more so maybe there is some extra gains, maybe ?

IMO the so called Apple ECO is overrated these days and any perceived advantages are a distant memory as MS and Samsung integration has largely levelled the playing field and only gets better.

I guess Apple make it easier setup to work across many devices Phone/tablet/Mac etc but as we all know that's a double edge sword with Apple re entrapment and stinting etc to force multiple device purchases LOL

I do not perceptive any real short comings of Samsung/MS ECO over Apple ECO. What you mostly read are users MO's do not cross translate as Apple has to tackle problems that do not exist in Android/MS world so some functionality is irrelevant

Last edited:
Reactions: Technerd108

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 24, 2021
I only have the GB Pro 360 series 1 and used it with my Fold 3 and 4 and although it comes with a series of built in apps that match your Galaxy phones I cant say I actually used any of them in anger

When I compare paring and integration (ECO) with my razor laptops I cant say I notice anything different/better with the GB Pro 360, but the series 2 offers more so maybe there is some extra gains, maybe ?

IMO the so called Apple ECO is overrated these days and any perceived advantages are a distant memory as MS and Samsung integration has largely levelled the playing field and only gets better.

I guess Apple make it easier setup to work across many devices Phone/tablet/Mac etc but as we all know that's a double edge sword with Apple re entrapment and stinting etc to force multiple device purchases LOL

I do not perceptive any real short comings of Samsung/MS ECO over Apple ECO. What you mostly read are users MO's do not cross translate as Apple has to tackle problems that do not exist in Android/MS world so some functionality is irrelevant
I appreciate your thoughtful response.

I agree with what you said. The integration is almost equal it just is a bit more seamless and easier to set up on the Mac side while on Windows there is more freedom and you are not locked into any particular device.

Thank you.

Reactions: SteveJUAE
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.