Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1BadManVan

macrumors 68040
Dec 20, 2009
Bc Canada
Owned several over the years and their tv’s. Always been happy, but I haven’t owned anything super high end with their monitors.

LeeW

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2017
Over here
Lately I have been using LG, but prior to my current monitor it was always Samsung and never had any notable issues.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Lately I have been using LG
LG makes the display panel for many other display manufacturers including apple, so I go with LG and not pay the higher premium of what is basically a rebranded LG monitor. Yes, before others jump on my post, I know that Apple added a ton of features and functionality. I'm just saying since the display panel is the same, I go with LG

pshufd

macrumors G3
Oct 24, 2013
New Hampshire
I bought one 10 years ago so not representative. It was a basic 1080 monitor and it developed problems.

I've purchased Dell Ultrasharp since around 2003 and have been very happy with them to the point that it's all that we have now. We have 8 in the house now with 3 4k, 4 2k, 1 1,600 x 1,200. Dell Ultrasharp is Dell's premium line and the consumer stuff is significantly lower cost but I just prefer full-featured monitors.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
I recently posted about Samsung Monitors in another thread.

I've tried plenty of Samsung monitors (including this one), and almost every last one of them had issues. Connection issues, flickering issues, and etc.

The ONLY monitor than ran flawless for me (which I still have and use) is the Odyssey Neo G9 49', I love this monitor. But I wouldn't even recommend it, cause a friend of mine had the same monitor and had nothing but issues with it (which I tried to fix for him), and online reviews are seriously bad. I guess I got lucky with mines.

I recommend staying away from Samsung monitors.

Dell and BenQ are my favorite brands, which I also use.

Reactions: max2

ArkSingularity

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2022
My 34" samsung ultrawide has been great. I'm no expert on monitors, but I really haven't had any complaints about this one. I've recommended it to a few others also.

Mine is one of the VA panel ones, so it's not going to be quite as good for users who need to put the monitor off to the side (the colors look more washed out from sharp side angles than they would on IPS panels). However, if you're like me and have your monitor stationed in front of you instead of off to the side, the colors will be bright and crisp. I don't really mind the VA panels personally, I can't stand the TN ones but the VA and IPS ones are both look decent to me.

Reactions: max2
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.