Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pr0230

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
For the following reasons ( 12.2 screen, USB 3.0 port, Memory port, 3meg memory, etc) the Samsung pro is THEE tablet to have.... However for all the apps or apps not available, I cant bring myself to buy one...

1: No amazon streaming video app...
2: Apps that are available are reviewed as being buggy and not working...
3: Problems with the web accesss...

Im not encouraged to buy one.... Costco has it on sale for 130 less than regular price... WHY the big discount... what is it I dont know...

IS THIS THE IPAD TO GET????

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Depends on how important apps are. There is no espn apps either but I love this tablet. My main needs are forums, news, YouTube and Netflix and this is the best tablet for that. It's amazing for watching videos

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
The discount is there because the new S tablets are coming out.

I just ordered a TabPRO 32GB WiFi in Europe for $440.

But I think I won't open it until Samsung fixes the latest OpenSSL bug.

Last edited:

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
why are there no espn apps? says not compatible with device or something?

yea, you can only use amazon prime with flash player in the browser. You can still get flash player to work on kit kat, but im not sure about this tablet in particular

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
why are there no espn apps? says not compatible with device or something?

yea, you can only use amazon prime with flash player in the browser. You can still get flash player to work on kit kat, but im not sure about this tablet in particular

Yeah it's annoying as I use espn ScoreCenter Alot.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
For the following reasons ( 12.2 screen, USB 3.0 port, Memory port, 3meg memory, etc) the Samsung pro is THEE tablet to have.... However for all the apps or apps not available, I cant bring myself to buy one...

1: No amazon streaming video app...
2: Apps that are available are reviewed as being buggy and not working...
3: Problems with the web accesss...

Im not encouraged to buy one.... Costco has it on sale for 130 less than regular price... WHY the big discount... what is it I dont know...

IS THIS THE IPAD TO GET????

1. Don't live in a country with Amazon streaming so I can't answer ...
2. Apps buggy & not working ? which apps ? I haven't come across any.
3. What problem with Web Access ? Works perfectly fine here. Indeed for me it's like using my laptop.
4. Is this the iPad to get ? Not if you wan't an iPad.

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
I looked at one but found out it can't be used with Foxtel Go app, Australian Pay Tv app.
Only works with these tablets: Samsung GALAXY Note 10.1 (Not 2014 version), Tab2 10.1, Tab3 7", Tab3 8" or Note 8"

Works on all Apple devices. Samsung:rolleyes:

joshwithachance

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2009
I finally took the plunge and ordered one today. An eBay seller had a refurb model for only $385 and I couldn't resist any longer. It may not have the S-Pen, but honestly I never used it on my Note 3. I'm excited for the 12.2" screen, 3GB of ram (1 more GB than the 8.4 model) and the 32GB of storage. Such a great price for the features imo.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
I finally took the plunge and ordered one today. An eBay seller had a refurb model for only $385 and I couldn't resist any longer. It may not have the S-Pen, but honestly I never used it on my Note 3. I'm excited for the 12.2" screen, 3GB of ram (1 more GB than the 8.4 model) and the 32GB of storage. Such a great price for the features imo.

Why wouldn't it have the s pen?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.