Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

donvito4ever

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2016
Spain
Well... finally I sold my 4K 28" Asus monitor and bought this Samsung Q-Dot Curve 32" 2K monitor (model c32h711qeu)...

At this moment I don't need 4k in 28"... very small fonts for me...

I have an issue: If I use his profile (C32H711.icc), the blues color of the system buttons (for example) seems like fucsia/eggplant... I have to use the "Generic RGB profile" to see blue like blue...

Is this normal???

Other issue is with the fonts... I can't see it clear... the borders aren't clear...

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
Well... finally I sold my 4K 28" Asus monitor and bought this Samsung Q-Dot Curve 32" 2K monitor (model c32h711qeu)...

At this moment I don't need 4k in 28"... very small fonts for me...

I have an issue: If I use his profile (C32H711.icc), the blues color of the system buttons (for example) seems like fucsia/eggplant... I have to use the "Generic RGB profile" to see blue like blue...

Is this normal???

Other issue is with the fonts... I can't see it clear... the borders aren't clear...

I use ResXtreme to force GPU to render at HiDPI resolution. Even the monitor is not HiDPI, but the font will be noticeably clearer.

E.g. my monitor has natively resolution 3840x1080, but I make the OS render at 7680x2160 (3840x1080 HiDPI).

And you may try 8bit / 10bit colour, then see if that make any difference.

Reactions: donvito4ever

donvito4ever

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2016
Spain
I use ResXtreme to force GPU to render at HiDPI resolution. Even the monitor is not HiDPI, but the font will be noticeably clearer.

E.g. my monitor has natively resolution 3840x1080, but I make the OS render at 7680x2160 (3840x1080 HiDPI).

And you may try 8bit / 10bit colour, then see if that make any difference.

Thanks for your time, you are here always!!

I tryed with this app (ResXtreme) between 8 and 10 bit, but nothings happend...

At this moment I was revert the change in AppleGVA.framework becouse my systems turns very unstable... I will wait till 10.14.6 arrives to turn on the hack again... (i will write this in the correct thread)

Thanks again...

orph

macrumors 68000
Dec 12, 2005
UK
looks like the c32h711qeu is a 8 bit panel https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/0712b0f
specks on site also say it's 16.7m colors https://www.samsung.com/uk/monitors/curved-ch711q/LC32H711QEUXEN/#specs

color is always different between panels calibration can help, depends on what you want to do with the display.
if your not doing any color work you will just get used to it with time, or if you want you can play with different settings on the display.

iv got two displays and there are a few odd colors that don't match, they used to match well with calibration but now looks like they are not playing ball so i just live with it.

looks like a nice display 1440p and a VA panel assume it's full sRGB or bigger (maybe close to aRGB as it's w LED)& free sync (quick google says yes it works on osx)

ps i use a ColorMunki Display, works ok been using https://displaycal.net/ as the software as the boxed one is more limited.
the boxed software dose not give post calibration reports so im always left with a 'did it work?' feeling so switched to displaycal for detailed post calibration reports on delta E.
if i was given the option id get the next model up for wider software support (was only £50 more).
but i work with stills/video correction/grading a lot so depends on what you do/want

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.