Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Technerd108

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 24, 2021
So with the s23 coming soon I thought I would make a post for us middle children of the s22 series.

How many of you with the Plus are thinking of an upgrade? Will you stick with the Plus or go with an ultra or regular s23?

I have had my s22 plus for several months and I have really enjoyed it. It is light and the uniform skim bezels are great. Battery life is decent enough. Performance has been excellent. Call quality and reception have been great too.

I love the large flat screen but I really would like quad HD on the s23 plus. I have hears rumors that they are going to use a similar resolution this year.

The cameras have also been decent but not great.

So I am really considering the s23 Ultra if Samsung gives me a high trade in value and doesn't raise the price this year.

I am still debating in my head. I kind of feel like I am either going to downgrade to a regular s23 or get the Ultra because the plus costs a lot more for just a larger screen and battery.

Roadstar

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2006
Vantaa, Finland
I'm currently on the S22 Plus and I'm also thinking about going Ultra with the S23 series. That's despite the fact that the Ultra comes with an accidental input booster that also makes the phone easier to break and more expensive to repair a curved screen. Even though I love the flat screen and the rather optimal size of the Plus, the cameras are quite a downgrade from the Ultra, so this time I'd like to get the best there is to offer and hope that I can tolerate the curved screen (luckily there have been rumors that it's only slightly curved this time) and don't find the size too unwieldy.

Otherwise I might even consider going another year with the S22 Plus, but if the rumors are true and we'll get SnapDragon chips also in Europe this year, the Exynos garbage goes for a trade-in at that instant. I've had my share of performance hiccups with the Exynos, so if we get SD this year, Samsung would have to raise prices so much that even Apple would be jealous (the iPhone 14 series went up almost 200€ here) and seriously cut back on the pre-order deals for me to reconsider.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.