Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nielsenius

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 16, 2011
Virginia
I'm working on an OS X app that requires recursive read and write access to user-specified directories. Based on settings provided by the user, my app may delete directories and files, as well. Is this behavior permitted to a sandboxed app? The answer to this question may be complicated due to the recursive nature of the app, which is why I ask.

Cancelled
Nov 9, 2012
I'm working on an OS X app that requires recursive read and write access to user-specified directories. Based on settings provided by the user, my app may delete directories and files, as well. Is this behavior permitted to a sandboxed app? The answer to this question may be complicated due to the recursive nature of the app, which is why I ask.

should work, in my app the user can select a folder that I requested read/write to it. Under that folder, I create/delete filesystem objects (files and dir) with no issues. You just need to select the entitlement `custom user selected directory` (or something like that).

Nielsenius

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 16, 2011
Virginia
should work, in my app the user can select a folder that I requested read/write to it. Under that folder, I create/delete filesystem objects (files and dir) with no issues. You just need to select the entitlement `custom user selected directory` (or something like that).
Thanks for clarifying that for me. Also, thanks for your response in my app icon thread!

2012Tony2012

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2012
MacOS is already "sandboxed" as if anything from a web browser etc wants to change or add anything to your Mac, a pop up window would appear asking for your password.

So you can use any web browser and visit any website, even if you accidently visit a nasty and vicious website, the scripts etc cannot do anything to your Mac without you entering a password.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.