Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
UK
Only way to get a boot screen is to send it to macvidcards for flashing.
Usual question is, do you really need boot screen, most don’t.

edit: I don’t think they are flashing the nitro’s yet.

Krisz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2018
Hungary
The bootcamp on my machine is not working
I can't switch from windows to osx
The boot screen would be important :(

Krisz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2018
Hungary
I wrote that guide, and that's base on Windows 10.

If you really read that post, you can see that "From now on, you can use startup disk in Mojave to select Windows 10"

not working, i choose macos and windows restarts :(
did not switch to macOS

Last edited:

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
not working, i choose macos and windows restarts :(
did not switch to macOS

Did you follow my guide step by step?

That works for many people. If doesn't work on yours, you didn't do it right, but not the method doesn't work.

Anyway, if all you want just switch back to macOS, and you are now stuck. NVRAM reset can do the trick.
[automerge]1577308205[/automerge]
There are also Boot Runner, Bootchamp, etc allow you to switch between OS. Many of us running dual OS on cMP for years without boot screen.

Krisz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2018
Hungary
Did you follow my guide step by step?

That works for many people. If doesn't work on yours, you didn't do it right, but not the method doesn't work.

Anyway, if all you want just switch back to macOS, and you are now stuck. NVRAM reset can do the trick.
[automerge]1577308205[/automerge]
There are also Boot Runner, Bootchamp, etc allow you to switch between OS. Many of us running dual OS on cMP for years without boot screen.

I did it as described
I give up :(
Thanks for trying to help me
If you can't put a boot screen on the card unfortunately I have to sell it :(

Krisz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2018
Hungary
problem is that brigadier loads the new imacpro bootcamp and this version does not work with a cMP

here i give you the old ones:

not good, can't install this version

there is no other solution?
i found a flash card on ebay but quite expensive :(

MIKX

macrumors 68000
Dec 16, 2004
Japan
Krisz

If you want to go back to Mac OS from Windows 10 . .

1. Shut down out of Windows - not " re-start . . .SHUT DOWN your Mac Pro.

2. Hold down these keys Command + Option + P + R while you start the Mac Pro . .
keep holding the keys down until you hear the " Happy Mac " CHIME.

Your Mac Pro will boot back into Mac OS.

This is called the "NVRAM re-set.

Krisz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2018
Hungary
Krisz

If you want to go back to Mac OS from Windows 10 . .

1. Shut down out of Windows - not " re-start . . .SHUT DOWN your Mac Pro.

2. Hold down these keys Command + Option + P + R while you start the Mac Pro . .
keep holding the keys down until you hear the " Happy Mac " CHIME.

Your Mac Pro will boot back into Mac OS.

This is called the "NVRAM re-set.

The nvram re-set does not work.
this is the result of what is shown in the picture.

Attachments

• IMAG0249.jpg
    IMAG0249.jpg
    650.8 KB · Views: 200

MIKX

macrumors 68000
Dec 16, 2004
Japan
It DOES Work. That message is from Windows. Did you tell WINDOWS 10 TO SHUT DOWN ?

===================================
Try this.

First . .. hold down your Mac Pro's POWER button for about 6 seconds - it will shut down.

Now start using the NVRAM reset shown in post #12

Your Mac Pro will boot up into Mojave or whichever Mac OS you have installed.

MarkC426

macrumors 68040
May 14, 2008
UK
not good, can't install this version

there is no other solution?
i found a flash card on ebay but quite expensive :(

I would be hesitant about this, until you find any other users who have one of these working......to be on the safe side.

Krisz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2018
Hungary
It DOES Work. That message is from Windows. Did you tell WINDOWS 10 TO SHUT DOWN ?

===================================
Try this.

First . .. hold down your Mac Pro's POWER button for about 6 seconds - it will shut down.

Now start using the NVRAM reset shown in post #12

Your Mac Pro will boot up into Mojave or whichever Mac OS you have installed.

not good in any way
annoying new card with mac bios
stay on ebay :(

Last edited:

Ljmm1967

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2024
Hi All

please help! how to make boot screen the rx580? Sorry the bad english
Hello I’m having the same issues with my rx580 special edition. It’s flashed for Mac Pro and mine starts up then screen goes blank. I have put old card back in and everything is working perfectly, but as soon as I swap it out with rx580 it won’t work with my 27” Cinema Display with Mini DisplayPort and DP adapter. Hope we can get a solution. I’ve checked the bios switch and it’s not that 🤷‍♀️

sfalatko

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2016
Hello I’m having the same issues with my rx580 special edition. It’s flashed for Mac Pro and mine starts up then screen goes blank. I have put old card back in and everything is working perfectly, but as soon as I swap it out with rx580 it won’t work with my 27” Cinema Display with Mini DisplayPort and DP adapter. Hope we can get a solution. I’ve checked the bios switch and it’s not that 🤷‍♀️
Did it ever work? How is it flashed for Mac Pro? I have an RX 580 connected to a 27" Apple Cinema Display via Display port and it works fine. Mine is not flashed but I have flashed my Bootrom with EnableGop to get the Apple Boot menu.

Ljmm1967

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2024
I bought it from a seller eBay. It was flashed by them. I will probably be sending back and saying it is faulty. I’ve tested my machine and everything is working perfectly, just fails when that card is put in.

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
I bought it from a seller eBay. It was flashed by them. I will probably be sending back and saying it is faulty. I’ve tested my machine and everything is working perfectly, just fails when that card is put in.

Which macOS release you tested? You are running OCLP?

Ljmm1967

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2024
Did it ever work? How is it flashed for Mac Pro? I have an RX 580 connected to a 27" Apple Cinema Display via Display port and it works fine. Mine is not flashed but I have flashed my Bootrom with EnableGop to get the Apple Boot menu.

Attachments

• IMG_0628.jpeg
    IMG_0628.jpeg
    214 KB · Views: 15

Ljmm1967

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2024
It worked then i clicked to shut down and it did that ok. I just went to turn it on to check out some video footage and it’s now stuck on this load up screen with a weird black bar across. Scratching my head on this one.

sfalatko

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2016
It worked then i clicked to shut down and it did that ok. I just went to turn it on to check out some video footage and it’s now stuck on this load up screen with a weird black bar across. Scratching my head on this one.
I had a similar issue with an incompatible VBIOS. My card was used and I had to find a bios on techpowerup.com that I would work.

You Mac is hanging when it is trying to switch to the OS provided drivers.

This is why I asked if it ever worked in your Mac. My guess would be you have a used RX580 that was flashed for mining and you need to reinstall the stock VBIOS.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.