Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jonny Cake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
Is it possible to save my Adobe Creative Cloud email and password to avoid typing it myself? Adobe allows you to use their products on two computers simultaneously... but I have three. So I often need to sign myself out to use the third computer, and I don't want to retype my username/password each time. I created a keychain item, but the keychain doesn't pop up when I'm signing into anything related to Adobe. :(

zevrix

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2012
I assume you're referring to the Creative Cloud app.

It doesn't save user login info indeed. I rarely need to log out and log in there, but every time I do I'm reminded how annoying it is.

You can use a macro utility that can do this automatically. Keyboard Maestro is the most well known (not free): https://www.keyboardmaestro.com/main/. There's also a free Keyboard Cowboy (never used it): https://github.com/zenangst/KeyboardCowboy?tab=readme-ov-file

You'll need several simple steps like enter user name > press return > enter password etc.

In theory, can also be done via a relatively simple AppleScript script.

Jonny Cake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
I was thinking about an automator action or something like a macro utility, but I need the password to remain hidden/private because one of the machines is a public computer.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Is it possible to save my Adobe Creative Cloud email and password to avoid typing it myself? Adobe allows you to use their products on two computers simultaneously... but I have three. So I often need to sign myself out to use the third computer, and I don't want to retype my username/password each time. I created a keychain item, but the keychain doesn't pop up when I'm signing into anything related to Adobe. :(
You can probably do this without signing out. When you launch the apps on the 3rd computer you'll be prompted to deactivate the apps on another computer but this doesn't actually sign the deactivated computer out of your Adobe account. Then when you want to use the apps on that other computer the same thing should happen but again you shouldn't need to sign back into the Adobe account.

Jonny Cake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2014
You can probably do this without signing out. When you launch the apps on the 3rd computer you'll be prompted to deactivate the apps on another computer but this doesn't actually sign the deactivated computer out of your Adobe account. Then when you want to use the apps on that other computer the same thing should happen but again you shouldn't need to sign back into the Adobe account.
It does sign you out on the other computers...

zevrix

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2012
I was thinking about an automator action or something like a macro utility, but I need the password to remain hidden/private because one of the machines is a public computer.

You can create an AppleScript script on your personal machine, save it as a run-only applet and run it on that public computer. If you want to avoid your password to be exposed if someone opens the applet in a text editor, you'll also need to obfuscate the password in the script as a list (rather than use a plain string).

But I hope someone offers an easier solution for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.