Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

contacos

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
I was out with my dog and on the way back to the car I realised that the keychain is not in my jacket. I walked back 10 minutes and found them on the ground after sending an alert.

IMG_3224.jpeg

But wait ... then I walked towards the car again, opened the Find My app (I don't even know why) and saw the AirTag with the wallet suddenly not being near me either! I was like "weird, why does it show the wallet (the one with the backpack icon) nearby to where I lost the keys now? And lord and behold, the wallet was no longer in my jacket either! so we had to go back AGAIN and thankfully I found the wallet as well after sending multiple alerts.

(somehow the search nearby did not work for either AirTag. It "searched and searched" and eventually said I am out of reach or something like that even though it ended up being almost on the ground next to me)

IMG_3226.png

I am known for being clumsy but omg that was next level. This would have been EXPENSIVE. Not only did the keychain include my apartment key, which opens everything. I also had cash (for once) and my health insurance card in that wallet.

I usually have the 2nd AirTag in my Backpack but the other day I was like "why not put the AirTag in the wallet". Epiphany!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.