Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IrieRoots

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2020
Though lots of complaints had been posted, I can't find much useful information about Blocking_iTunes/AppStore_upgrader, ever since they introduced Yosemite--OS X 10.10. ..Why? One search revealed prior patent_ownership issues. Which means someone must have the special code to 'fix' this issue. Psuedo-geeks have offered to console us with 'look-alikes', to whom I say, if I wanted to drive a Ford Pinto with Microsoft under the hood...

I have access to plenty of old Macs. One MacBookPro I know in particular has a library with 22,600 carefully culled songs. By design none of the artwork actually matches the corresponding tracks. Later versions won't display them in the Mac screensaver. 'Library cloning' used to be simple via after-market Apps. Then one day the world went dark. Evil incarnate; ref: Hollywood.

Possibly, one could clone an original OS off an old machine, or torrent a native copy of Yosemite without the auto-upgrader script. Or, maybe one could change the permissions on a WORKING COPY of iTunes to 'read only' / 'no access' under each of the critical designations: eg.: Admin. Wheel.

All I want to know is how to permanently prevent_APPL from ruining my 'art collection' another time. If you have any useful pointers, please, I'm convinced there must be a means to resolve this.

Last edited:

IrieRoots

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2020
..Still no ideas? I'm wondering if I can simply block the offending URL, via Little Snitch, etc?
Suspicious culprits are:
sandbox.itunes.apple.com.akadns.net

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.