Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zillah

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Hi

Using KingFlash Interntaional Fiber Inspection Probe which is connected to my iPhoneX via bluetooth to scope fibre patch lead.

I rename images before saving them to meaningful names

But when I transfer/email those images they have generic names not the names that I had specified

Is this something related to the probe or iPhoneX ?

Do I need to do tweak any setting on my iphoneX ?

I contacted kingfisherfiber.com but no reply yet

Thx

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
It's always been that way. Anything copied over to the Photos App gets renamed automatically. No way to prevent it.
If you want to store images with unique names, use a 3rd party app from the App Store as your repository

zillah

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Noted
Thx

use a 3rd party app from the App Store as your repository
I will search for it no problem
Do you recommend any one ?

Last edited:

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
every app that wants access to your photos will only point to the iOS Photos App. It's part of the iOS prison effect.
So although you can store images in another app and name them to your heart's delight, no other app will be able to access them. You'll be able to view and share (possibly to another app from that app, but no other app will be able to access it.

My advice: concede defeat and don't name images. Search and identify your images using apple's horrible way - by scrolling endlessly through thumbnails or searching by date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.