Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gotterfunken57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2024
Hi, is there a way to save an iMessage thread that includes the Tapback reactions?

The conversation I want to save is way too long to save with screenshots, but exporting it to PDF excludes the Tapbacks. Help!

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
how are you exporting it to PDF?

The only method I know using purely Apple software, is to export it from a Mac. That said, I don't know (nor particularly care) if tapbacks are included in that export or not.

Outside of Apple, there are some software solutions. iMazing is one I've heard of; never used.

gotterfunken57

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2024
how are you exporting it to PDF?

The only method I know using purely Apple software, is to export it from a Mac. That said, I don't know (nor particularly care) if tapbacks are included in that export or not.

Outside of Apple, there are some software solutions. iMazing is one I've heard of; never used.
There's a print to PDF option.

I do care if the Tapbacks are included in the export, hence my question about how to do this.

Thanks for the iMazing suggestion, but I'm looking for how to do this with the standard software on my MacBook.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
There's a print to PDF option.

I do care if the Tapbacks are included in the export, hence my question about how to do this.

Thanks for the iMazing suggestion, but I'm looking for how to do this with the standard software on my MacBook.
Okay, so you are using a Mac. This is the iPhone section, thus my confusion.

If print from Mac doesn't do it - you're out of first-party solutions. on to iMazing, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.