Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

otozuz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
How do you feel about the fact that Apple's new Savings account is only accessible through the Wallet app on your iPhone? I personally have a weird feeling about not being able to access it from other devices (computer, tablet) through a usual website — e.g. if I lose my iPhone.

I've contacted Goldman Sachs Apple Card support and they confirmed that's the only way to access it.

GMShadow

macrumors 68000
Jun 8, 2021
It's not really meant to be a daily use savings account - it's an account where you park cash and let it earn interest.

Eric Idle

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2020
How do you feel about the fact that Apple's new Savings account is only accessible through the Wallet app on your iPhone? I personally have a weird feeling about not being able to access it from other devices (computer, tablet) through a usual website — e.g. if I lose my iPhone.

I've contacted Goldman Sachs Apple Card support and they confirmed that's the only way to access it.

I don't care one bit about accessing the account away from the phone.

If I lose my phone, it's getting replaced ASAP. I hardly need to check my savings balance in the 1-2 days it will take to replace my phone.

What I want more is a way to add my wife to the account so that we both legally own it. That has to come at some point.

jdb8167

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2008

It’s available on an iPad too. Under Wallet & Apple Pay.

Reactions: otozuz

aajeevlin

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2010
I don't care one bit about accessing the account away from the phone.

If I lose my phone, it's getting replaced ASAP. I hardly need to check my savings balance in the 1-2 days it will take to replace my phone.

What I want more is a way to add my wife to the account so that we both legally own it. That has to come at some point.
There is a section where it say if you called Godlman Sachs they can add her as a beneficiary. Although, to be honest I want to add my wife so she can easily see the amount and access it on a regular basis.

But I agree wit you, I want to be able to add others to the account.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.