Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 8, 2003
I saw a young guy wearing the AirPods on the street today. (I was in Bay Area.) He crossed the street before I could ask about them.

The one thing that was weird is when you look at someone face-forward wearing Airpods, they look like elephant tusks on the side of the head. It's an odd look.

I noticed all apple product pictures of the Airpods are from the side of the face, which doesn't look as bad.

I plan on buying a pair since I hate cables and I bet Apple nailed the engineering. Just alittle worried about it now.

Reactions: ogremoustro

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Here the picture of it.

090716-apple-airpods-music-7021.jpg

lugworm

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2011
UK
Impress your friends with electric toothbrush heads stuck in your ears.
They'll think you've just paid £160 for ridiculous looking accessories.

pearvsapple

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2012
Looks like q-tips sticking out of ears. Great step forward for headphones, but its current form just isn't ready for prime time.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
Looks like q-tips sticking out of ears. Great step forward for headphones, but its current form just isn't ready for prime time.

It isn't ready because we are not getting used to it. When Samsung and others put out the same shape it will become normal.
Now it's "This guy put cigarette in his ears" "This guy has a tusk", a few months after, "This guy's using iPhone".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.