Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lemon Fresh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2007
Anyone know more about this addictive soon-to-be iPhone application?

This is the only 3rd party app for the iPhone that I know of (Google & other big boys excluded).

What is Apple's position on 3rd party iPhone software lately?

http://scenario.com/poker/iPhone/index.htm

BTW, it's an excellent dashboard widget. I'd get the iPhone just for this!

MacCheetah3

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Central MN
Hi
How did you interpret this will be available on the iPhone ( actual device )?

At the bottom right of the download page...
Note that Apple's iPhone is scheduled for release in June. Apple has not yet disclosed plans to allow third-party widget development for the iPhone.

Lemon Fresh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2007
Hi
How did you interpret this will be available on the iPhone ( actual device )?

It helps if you don't read that part of the page....

Seriously tho, there has been an awful lot of effort (by Apple & developers) into the widget (and front-row-esque) realm. The :apple: tv and :apple: iPhone seem to embrace & extend it beautifully.

But you are correct, this is NOT an iPhone app. But it should be!

MacCheetah3

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Central MN
Hi
It helps if you don't read that part of the page....
I bet. :D It did fool me for a bit too. :) I wouldn't doubt that's part of the marketing.

Apple didn't say that there wouldn't be any third party / additional applications / widgets for the iPhone but rather that they want complete control. Now, this could be a hint that they may do an iPod game type of method ( pay / download for additional )...It could mean that developers must submit their software for strict approval and testing and Apple will than offer it through their own channel(s)...It could also mean that Apple will release additional apps / widgets for free later on...Or it could mean that nothing will be added until the revision B product ( second generation ). Point being is that it seems that Apple reps chose to use such a comment to prevent only one interpretation ( leave it open ).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.