Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

annadomings

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2016
I made a workflow the other day that moves all the contents from my Downloads folder and one other folder to the trash automatically. I wanted to schedule this so that it would run every week at a certain time, so I created it as a Calendar Alert. However, now anything that gets added to those two folders automatically goes into the trash, even when the event isn't triggered. I'm at a total loss for how to fix this; I've tried looking it up but I can't seem to find the answer anywhere. Help?

If it matters, I am using OS Sierra.

EDIT: I forgot to post a screenshot of my workflow, which I thought would be helpful! Sorry that it's in Spanish, the work flow goes: "Ask for Finder items > Get folder contents > Move Finder items to trash"

A0nFd2i.png

Last edited:

MC6800

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2016
What you're describing sounds like you have your workflow set as a Folder Action instead of a Calendar Event, or you may have a Folder Action left over from a previous version. Check in ~/Library/Workflows/Applications/Folder\ Actions to see if any workflows are there.

Reactions: annadomings

annadomings

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2016
What you're describing sounds like you have your workflow set as a Folder Action instead of a Calendar Event, or you may have a Folder Action left over from a previous version. Check in ~/Library/Workflows/Applications/Folder\ Actions to see if any workflows are there.
There was, in fact, a workflow there! That seems to have solved the problem. Thanks for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.