Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickolai1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
Hi could anybody help.
I have a network drive that seems to unmount itself at random. Annoying as I stream videos from it.
Using automator I have created an application that mounts the volume.
I can't figure out how to get it to run hourly. so that volume is mounted if not there

Failing that a simple script that will check every few hours for specified volume and mount if not found.

I used to do a bit og unix/linux years ago and assumed I could crontab the Automator script. I am either very rusty with doing it or apple no longer use cron

Any ideas?

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
Hi could anybody help.
I have a network drive that seems to unmount itself at random. Annoying as I stream videos from it.
Using automator I have created an application that mounts the volume.
I can't figure out how to get it to run hourly. so that volume is mounted if not there

Failing that a simple script that will check every few hours for specified volume and mount if not found.

I used to do a bit og unix/linux years ago and assumed I could crontab the Automator script. I am either very rusty with doing it or apple no longer use cron

Any ideas?

Sounds like that external sleeps deeply the drive causing to loose contact! So Try to prevent the external to sleep on you!

nickolai1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2016
Sounds like that external sleeps deeply the drive causing to loose contact! So Try to prevent the external to sleep on you!
It could be that. Is a Drobo fs. Will see if stopping the drives spinning down cures it. Don't think it will because the array stays on even if drives spin down. Good idea either way. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.