Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
Anyone else find their Schlage encode plus locks to be way more touchy since iOS16 and or Watch os9. I used to come home and tap it with my watch once and it would open. Now I have to tap it 3 or 4 times with errors before it finally unlocks. Kinda taking the magic out of the product

Reactions: zinacef

zinacef

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2018
Was looking on the internet for a solution and stumbled upon your post.

Mine has stopped working completely.

Upon initially upgrading to iOS 16, it worked briefly in HomeKit where I can see its status as locked or unlocked, but now only get No Response or This Accessory Is Not Responding.

HomeKey was giving me the same problems too as you described in your post when I first upgraded to 16.

I tried restarting the HomePods and hubs but no success.

I tried removing the lock from HomeKit aka Remove Accessory and now I cannot add it to HomeKit.

I’m just thinking to return to my regular deadbolt I had before.

rjruiz2

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2014
I’m having somewhat of a similar issue. Ever since updating to iOS 16 I no longer get notifications from my Schlage home app.

Doece25

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2007
Northern VA
Anyone else find their Schlage encode plus locks to be way more touchy since iOS16 and or Watch os9. I used to come home and tap it with my watch once and it would open. Now I have to tap it 3 or 4 times with errors before it finally unlocks. Kinda taking the magic out of the product
There’s now an annoying delay for me. Prior to updating our devices to ios16 the unlock was instantaneous. Now, there’s a 3-5 second delay as the light on top of the lock blinks 4-5 times and then unlocks.

Doece25

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2007
Northern VA
There’s now an annoying delay for me. Prior to updating our devices to ios16 the unlock was instantaneous. Now, there’s a 3-5 second delay as the light on top of the lock blinks 4-5 times and then unlocks.
Update - probably should have checked the batteries. Fresh ones in the lock and all is well again……

zinacef

macrumors 6502
Dec 26, 2018
That’s odd they’re already dying. Supposed to last a year right?
I purchased mine this year and already had to change the batteries, and after I did it was a chore getting it re-synced with HomeKit.

Now the batteries are already down to 83%. Not sure why it’s eating through the batteries.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.