Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Someone want to explain to me why AmbitiousLemon has a score of 5 with 1 unit complete while nparker has .5 with one unit complete?

I'm going to probably finish my first unit tomorrow, and I was curious why the scrores were so varied.

D

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
the harder/more processor intensive the unit, the more points it's worth. not sure if there are any 5 point units around right now... i'd say, if it takes less than a day, it will be about 2 points, unless it's like 2-3 a day then it's like .5 points... 5 pointers take about 2-3 days...

word

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
so I finished a unit, and got a whopping 2 points - whoohoo, but even though the individual stats come up, I'm not on the team page - why is that? Is there something I need to do?

Here's my individual stats:

Attachments

• picture 3.gif
    picture 3.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 250

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Originally posted by dukestreet
so I finished a unit, and got a whopping 2 points - whoohoo, but even though the individual stats come up, I'm not on the team page - why is that? Is there something I need to do?

Here's my individual stats:

You're number 75 right now. :)

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
ah, so it just took a while, thanks. I don't think I'll ever get that many units done, but every little bit helps. We'll see what happens when I get a new machine next year - that might change things a bit.

D

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
MacRumors is in place #39 on the teams page. Must be dukestreet who made the difference. :)

pimentoLoaf

macrumors 68000
Dec 30, 2001
The SimCity Deli
They fixed the p145/p146 data; p146's mislablelled are now being given 20 days to crunch. g3 people have nothing to worry about.

And they score :eek: --- 20 !!! points.

:cool:

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
That's good because both my dual G4 and my G3 have one. 5,000,000 little big steps of crunching goodness.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by bousozoku
MacRumors is in place #39 on the teams page. Must be dukestreet who made the difference. :)

Ha, my 3.2 points of difference aren't all that much. But I'm working on p146 right now, so that will be a nice 6 points in a day or so.

But I have another question - I was looking at the stats of how many units were received per day and we had a couple days of over 200 and nothing like that since - anyone know why that happened? Is it going to happen again?

D

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Originally posted by dukestreet
Ha, my 3.2 points of difference aren't all that much. But I'm working on p146 right now, so that will be a nice 6 points in a day or so.

But I have another question - I was looking at the stats of how many units were received per day and we had a couple days of over 200 and nothing like that since - anyone know why that happened? Is it going to happen again?

D

There is a fair amount of fluctuation from day to day...but our output is on a slight downward trend.

We'll doublecheck to see that all of our machines are up and running here in the lab. This should be our last week of solid output on our end for a while, since the students come back next week.

dnte42

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
Harumph, anyone else having trouble sending results back? Or is it just me? Try again later I suppose...

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Ouch, well we'll be going in a downward cycle then, I hope we don't drop out of the top 100. I'll look into maybe getting a few machines here at work to add to the mix.

D

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
We should hold our position pretty well.

There are few teams behind us that can catch up, and quite a few we can still pass...but it's definitely going to be slow for a while.

dnte42

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2002
Shame, right when we are dead even with Storageforum. I'll see what I can do, trying to recruit a few friends...

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
on this current drive for new members how many did we get? I hope I wasn't the only one.

D

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I've not been able to send the itty bitty one from the G3 and now it's processing the huge one so, it'll probably be a while until it posts anything. The G4 returned a p145 today.

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Okay I'm starting to understand this. I've been using the screensaver and there is no way as far as I know of knowing which protein strand your currently processing. I'm will be receiving my new computer this week and will be letting it work on this more.

So here is a question what is the fastest way to process F@H with a dual processor?

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Hey MacBandit - change your team, all your work won't get attributed to MacRumors unless you do! We're team number 3446

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Originally posted by MacBandit
Okay I'm starting to understand this. I've been using the screensaver and there is no way as far as I know of knowing which protein strand your currently processing. I'm will be receiving my new computer this week and will be letting it work on this more.

So here is a question what is the fastest way to process F@H with a dual processor?

I don't know, but turning it on usually helps mine. <ducks>

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by bousozoku

I don't know, but turning it on usually helps mine. <ducks>

Hahahahah :) Very Good!!

I was wondering which Client worked the fastest. Text Client, Graphical Client, or the Screensaver. Mainly do any of them take advantage of a dual processor or should you just run two clients to tie up both processors.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.