Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KermitFries

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2023
Hey guys

I got screen burn on my iPhone 6 a long time ago and it’s always made me paranoid. Since then I have brightness on less than half and time out on the shortness time.

I really like the idea of the always on display and having the time, but I am worried about potential screen burn.

Has angone got any information about this and if it’s possible? I understand the brightness goes right down, but the clock stays in the same place and it will be on overnight. The numbers change but the : is there all the time.

Am I overthinking this?

Al Rukh

macrumors 65816
Nov 15, 2017
Hey guys

I got screen burn on my iPhone 6 a long time ago and it’s always made me paranoid. Since then I have brightness on less than half and time out on the shortness time.

I really like the idea of the always on display and having the time, but I am worried about potential screen burn.

Has angone got any information about this and if it’s possible? I understand the brightness goes right down, but the clock stays in the same place and it will be on overnight. The numbers change but the : is there all the time.

Am I overthinking this?

It’s a possibility. However it’ll take a long time to notice the burn-in. Unless you’re doing things differently, burn-in on iPhones is a rarity. Purchase your next iPhone with confidence.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.