Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

transphasic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
Hello all. If I press cmd-shift-4 to capture a section/selection of a window, the mac creates an image file much darker than it appears originally.

Can this greying-out of screenshots be stopped so they appear as bright as they originally appear? My attachment is a good example, see how dark it is?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 11.17.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 11.17.37 AM.png
    421.8 KB · Views: 116

transphasic

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 6, 2012
Problem solved, terminal code found online removes this annoying effect.

AntibalasHiFi

macrumors newbie
Jan 19, 2013
Hello all. If I press cmd-shift-4 to capture a section/selection of a window, the mac creates an image file much darker than it appears originally.

Can this greying-out of screenshots be stopped so they appear as bright as they originally appear? My attachment is a good example, see how dark it is?

Please share the code, the same thing is happening to me.

Edit: fixed. My display brightness was turned down (I noticed in the BetterDisplay software), so I turned it back up to 100%, and the screenshots have a proper white balance again. I guess due to the way screenshots were taken, the darkness was compounding, so screenshots had 2x "non-brightness". Very strange, possibly a macOS bug.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.