Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Galavital

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2020
Hello, I hope this is the right place to post it.
So my MacBook Pro screen suddenly starred to have lines on it.
In the beginning it wasn’t that big, but now it’s really annoying.
I’m not living in USA and in my country they ask for around 920$ to replace the internal screen.
Is anyone know other alternative?
I’m student and it’s really expensive for me.
Thank you :)
image.jpg

Galavital

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2020
Hello, I hope this is the right place to post it.
So my MacBook Pro screen suddenly starred to have lines on it.
In the beginning it wasn’t that big, but now it’s really annoying.
I’m not living in USA and in my country they ask for around 920$ to replace the internal screen.
Is anyone know other alternative?
I’m student and it’s really expensive for me.
Thank you :) View attachment 1695384
image.jpg

Now suddenly it’s all black and I can’t see a thing

ght56

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2020
That looks like a cracked screen--there is an impact point on the screen showing where the lid was likely closed on some object. This could have been a pretty small particle that was not easy to see as there is not much clearance between the screen and the keyboard/frame. For the time being, you can plug the system into an external monitor to use it so you can continue to access what is on the hard drive and use the computer as a desktop. However, the internal screen will ultimately need to be replaced. In the US, the standard Apple warranty would not cover this but the extended AppleCare+ warranty with accidental damage protection would--I am not sure if such a program exists in your area. If not, you could also check to see if one of your credit card companies have any sort of protection/extended coverage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.