Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you experiencing this issue?

• Total voters

emraha06

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 1, 2017
Dear friends, i will be very pleased and thankful if you share your experiments because i am in very hard and annoying conditions, after years of waiting finally i have bought brand new 2019, i9, 15” MacBook Pro with 560x with my 3 mines of my wage.

I knew the screen flickering issue since 2016 toucbar models and there was a hope that Apple considered these thousands of complaints/feedbacks and fixed the problem in recent 3 years. But when i used my 2019mbp, i noticed that the flickering issue still continues.

At this point i want to define what i mean about flickering... I will add a video but i have to specially define that in this video there are lots of flickering in a short time but in my laptop especially in chrome 1-2 flickers of whole screen in 5 minutes period. And flickering happens especially when i decrease the brightness. The true tone and autobrightness are disabled, hardware acceleration of chrome is disabled, color mode is color LCD

At this point is there anyone Having same issue? what is the source of problem?

Last edited:

nagbhushan

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2019
PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS MACBOOK PRO
Its been just a month with the latest model of MacBook Pro 2019 and I have started seeing this flashing screen issue when i woke up macbook. The issue happens only when I turn it on from sleep. Its intermittent but happens for sure, have given it to repair center and will see what they have to say. I also contacted Apple customer care who did couple of troubleshooting steps like NVRAM, creating new user, safe mode but none helped. I bought this MacBook Pro from bestbuy.

Link to Apple community forum - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/...
Repair #: R435645770
Contact Apple Support Case: 100872735684
Issue Video -

Please check out -

https://www.reddit.com/r/macbookpro...k_pro_screen_flickering_main_thread/?sort=new

Last edited by a moderator:

Robertjan88

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2018
I am experiencing the same on my MacBook Pro 13 (2018 edition with touch bar). The issue started occuring after a recent firmware update (pretty sure it was 10.14.6, releases back in July).

RobbieTT

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2010
United Kingdom
Yeah all the 2018s and 19s TBs around me started doing it an update or 2 ago. Some guys didn't even notice it until pointed-out by others, then it is difficult to un-see it.
Turning off True Tone has helped mine but hopefully Apple will address the issue. The odd thing is that if you show it to a Genius Bar dude they will offer a replacement. A couple guys did just that, they now have a new machine to flicker instead, after the hassle of getting a new machine up and running again.

Denis1987

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2015
I have the latest Macbook Pro 13 1.4 (2019). I was having flickering most of the time. I dont say it was very bothering but you could defentiely notice it.

Because of that I updated to 10.15 Public Beta yesterday. So far not a single flick (yet). Let's hope it stays that way.

whg

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2012
Switzerland
I have my 13" 2.4GHz 16GB 1TB 2019 MacBook Pro for a month now and have no issues. For its size and weight this is the best computer I ever had. I have TrueTone and automatic brightness on. The only glitch I ever observed was one morning when the screen couldn't decide on a color temperature during sunrise (went through blueish and reddish white balance several times).

Aurora823

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2018
PLEASE DON'T BUY THIS MACBOOK PRO
Its been just a month with the latest model of MacBook Pro 2019 and I have started seeing this flashing screen issue when i woke up macbook. The issue happens only when I turn it on from sleep. Its intermittent but happens for sure, have given it to repair center and will see what they have to say. I also contacted Apple customer care who did couple of troubleshooting steps like NVRAM, creating new user, safe mode but none helped. I bought this MacBook Pro from bestbuy.

Link to Apple community forum - https://discussions.apple.com/thread/...
Repair #: R435645770
Contact Apple Support Case: 100872735684
Issue Video -

Please check out -

https://www.reddit.com/r/macbookpro/comments/cuy16x

When you said BestBuy it made me think of the Ipad Air 3 I bought for my dad. He opened it and used it for 3 days before a red line appeared on the screen that wouldn't go away. He had to get a new one through Apple since I bought it a month before. I don't think BestBuy has the best quality in stock.

Steveyliu

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2019
Hi guys,
I had the exact same issue with my iPhone 11 pro max I just bought. The screen flickers on full brightness with True Tone enabled. Seems like the screen is trying to auto adjust. Have you guys solved the issue yet? Is it a software bug or hardware problem?

asties

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2020
My MacBook Pro had this issue from day 1. I had service performed 3x and they could find no issue. 1 year and 2 weeks after purchase, logic board went out. Replacement came with new logic board yesterday, and guess what? Screen is flickering.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.