Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The JTizzle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Maine
Got my Pro yesterday and noticed it does some ghosting when going in and out of folders or moving images around the screen when compared to my 6s or older Air. Is this a normal thing or should I be making a call to Apple tonight for a replacement?

jonstatt1

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2015
I don't think you mean ghosting. You mean motion blur, where as you scroll rapidly or move something it appears to have a trail or double image. Ghosting refers normally due to a static image with a faint ghost image of the main image appearing offset (i.e. a bit to the left or right etc).

The motion blur is due to the panel refresh and is only noticeable because of the massive screen size. It's the way the LCD interacts with your eyes. Actually it is present on the Air, you just don't see it because of the smaller size.

The JTizzle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Maine
Ok great, I thought that would be the case but I wanted to just double check with the general population. Thanks for the confirmation.

Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.

Branskins

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
Record it in slow mo on your pro and your air and they will most likely look identical. Just more noticeable on the large screen

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.