Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KatPR

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2018
While I watch movies on Netflix, my screen glitches from time to time. It only happens when I use Safari, is there's any way to solve this issue? I know it's not GPU related cause I ran a Hardware test on my mac and it found no issues. Am I the only one with this issue? I updated to the last Mojave version and it still happens.

canuckRus

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2014
While I watch movies on Netflix, my screen glitches from time to time. It only happens when I use Safari, is there's any way to solve this issue? I know it's not GPU related cause I ran a Hardware test on my mac and it found no issues. Am I the only one with this issue? I updated to the last Mojave version and it still happens.

Malwarebytes solved my problem with freezing YouTube videos. Perhaps your glitch (not specified)? Occasionally Firefox solves issues with Safari as well.

jpn

Cancelled
Feb 9, 2003
on my MacBook Air (2015) in Mojave 10.14 (before macOS Mojave 10.14.1) Safari could not play full screen videos from any website without glitching every few seconds.
the way i was able to stop it from doing that was to turn on Captions (if there were any captions).
this always worked to prevent it from glitching ! LOL

KatPR

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 26, 2018
I know that glitch, but the one I'm talking about is different, it happens very few times, and it just grainy colors or a flash of color for less than a second. It only happens while watching Netflix using safari. I don't think is the GPU cause I ran the Hardware test and everything was fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.