Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stokes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Or E Gun
Hey Folks,
I've a SB Macbook that I bought in late 2007. I really don't have that much time on it yet, and I'm still feeling pretty green.

I had the display go out on me last month, and after a very quick and easy warrentee turnaround, I was pretty happy.

But, this evening, on the edge of my screen, a few lines started to come into my screen, like pixels dying. After the course of about 15 minutes, I now have a dead spot, almost perfectly circular that is the size of a half dollar coin. It reminds me of someone spilling ink on the table. It kinda grew, and is now solid black.

Anyone have this issue before?

Stokes

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Or E Gun
Just a note to those interested.

I brought this MacBook into the local Apple Store for service. They kinda dropped the ball on me for a day, so when I went back, they were a bit embarrassed.

They did say that 'no one at Apple had seen this before' and that 'Engineering' wanted the machine sent to them.

So, my Late 2007 Santa Barbara 2.0/1gRAM/80gHD/Combo was traded straight across for a current Penryn 2.4/2gRAM/160gHD/SuperDrive machine.

He even gave me the extra Magsafe and disc set. The new machines don't come with remotes, so I also kept my original remote. It's kinda nice having an extra charger! Moreover, since this was considered a 'return' and new purchase, my 1 year warentee starts fresh.

While the inconvience was a bit bothersome, I think they really went above and beyond for sure!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.