Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zapdoc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
My AW 7 seems does not respond when I am in Heart Rate mode and I touch top left corner to go back from Resting to instant Heart rate
sometimes rarely it does respond but mostly not. I have had to shut down and restart watch
it is just coming 1 year old in a few weeks but did not buy AC for it
any ideas how to sort it should I take it to the Apple Store ?
thanks

Zapdoc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
My AW 7 seems does not respond when I am in Heart Rate mode and I touch top left corner to go back from Resting to instant Heart rate
sometimes rarely it does respond but mostly not. I have had to shut down and restart watch
it is just coming 1 year old in a few weeks but did not buy AC for it
any ideas how to sort it should I take it to the Apple Store ?
thanks
Anyone help ?

MacCheetah3

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Central MN
How frequent?
How consistent?
Is it the entire watch face?

For example, it may be this bug/glitch:

In which, the only solution I know of is to restart the watch. I haven’t experienced the frozen watch face for awhile. Although, because of the previously mentioned issue, I do now restart/reboot my watch at least once per week, including, if I don’t need to charge it, just leaving it powered off overnight — I don’t do sleep tracking.

Another possibility, depending on the answeres to the beginning questions, it could be your hands. There were times when my iPhone nor watch would respond to some taps. I thought it might be the way I am tapping or a sensitivity problem. However, at my employment, we use touchscreen POS systems, which I noticed also often don’t recognize my taps/presses. From simple observations, I’m concluding it has to do with skin drones in some way — I know it’s not about cleanliness.

Zapdoc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
How frequent?
How consistent?
Is it the entire watch face?

For example, it may be this bug/glitch:

In which, the only solution I know of is to restart the watch. I haven’t experienced the frozen watch face for awhile. Although, because of the previously mentioned issue, I do now restart/reboot my watch at least once per week, including, if I don’t need to charge it, just leaving it powered off overnight — I don’t do sleep tracking.

Another possibility, depending on the answeres to the beginning questions, it could be your hands. There were times when my iPhone nor watch would respond to some taps. I thought it might be the way I am tapping or a sensitivity problem. However, at my employment, we use touchscreen POS systems, which I noticed also often don’t recognize my taps/presses. From simple observations, I’m concluding it has to do with skin drones in some way — I know it’s not about cleanliness.
Thanks for replying
its only always the top left upper corner when I used Heart Rate mode. It happened at least once per day and I had to shut down and restart to sort it until next time rest of the watch face was fine
I erased watch and reinstalled and it’s OK now so hopefully it will stay like that
interestingly there are several new watch faces now on it so maybe some software version update although I 5hought I was already on
a test version

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.