Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djamo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 1, 2008
I have an iPhone 11 Pro, and since the update to iOS 16, I have been having issues with my phone showing my notifications. Normally, when a notifiation would come thru, my phone screen would light up, as well as my Apple Watch, but now, while my watch vibrates and shows my notification, my phone screen stays dark, but when I tap it, the same notification is there, but my phone never made it known, almost like it was on Do Not Disurb, but I have messed with the notification and focus setting countless time, to try to figure this out, and my husband is also experiencing the same issue, and triple checking that no Focus setting is on, and that notifications are showing to come thru, I am still only getting them on my watch, and on my phone, but my phone is not giving me any kind of indiciation that a notification came through. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

OhMyMy

Suspended
Oct 21, 2021
When you have an Apple Watch paired and on the wrist the notifications only show up on the Watch. There's no point in wasting batteries on two devices and it's been the case for at least a few years now.

Vlad Soare

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
Bucharest, Romania
My wife's 11 Pro Max has started doing the same recently. The issue seems to have started after the upgrade to iOS 16.2, though that's more like an impression rather than certainty.
If I send her a text message, or a WhatsApp, or an e-mail, and her screen is off, then the phone will vibrate and make a sound, the notification will go on the lock screen, but the screen itself wil not light up. She has to turn it on manually to see the notification.
The strange thing is, if the notification arrives within a few seconds of the screen having been turned off, then it will light up. But if it's been off for a longer time, then it won't anymore.

She has no Apple Watch. I thought that maybe one of our daughters' watches might have been inadvertently paired with her phone, but that's not the case. I checked that. No watch is paired with her phone.

Restarting her phone hasn't changed anything.

Any other ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.