Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vinjat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2021
The screen off is wasting all the time that iPhone is screen off, the day before yesterday the time of screen on was 6h 43m and screen off was 7h 51m, yesterday was 9h 50m (screen on) and 7h 13h. I don't know why but my iphone keep wasting a lot screen off time.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
What are you talking about? Sounds like you really don't understand what screen off time actually is... If you want less screen off time, use your phone more or turn the phone off completely

Reactions: Spetsgruppa

vinjat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 8, 2021
What are you talking about? Sounds like you really don't understand what screen off time actually is... If you want less screen off time, use your phone more or turn the phone off completely
No. Screen off is the time that your screen is dark but your phone still using the energy for some reason. My phone already did nearly 9 h screen on and 2 h screen off, now he does 9 screen on and 7 hours screen off, but I’m not doing something like a backup in the background to use so much energy

Wando64

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2013
No. Screen off is the time that your screen is dark but your phone still using the energy for some reason. My phone already did nearly 9 h screen on and 2 h screen off, now he does 9 screen on and 7 hours screen off, but I’m not doing something like a backup in the background to use so much energy
Under the 'Screen On' and 'Screen Off' information you will see the Battery usage by App.
If you tap the 'Show Activity' button it will tell you which Apps have been using battery and if they have done it 'On screen' or 'In Background'. That information should give you the answer to your question.

By the way, if you are doing 9hrs on screen (and that's truly a lot) I would not be too surprised to see also a high level of usage off screen as you probably are keeping a lot of apps open and often switch between them continuously throughout the day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.