Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

levitynyc

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 19, 2006
I love my new macbook, but im not too happy about the screen. If you tilt it more than an inch the colors change. You have to look DIRECTLY at it to get a perfect image. I understand that LCDs work like that, but the better ones dont look as bad from an angle.

Whats most annoying is that if you type on your lap and the screen bounces slightly as you do, the screen colors change as your typing.

Any advice or is this something I need to live with.

zeiter

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2008
Canada
I love my new macbook, but im not too happy about the screen. If you tilt it more than an inch the colors change. You have to look DIRECTLY at it to get a perfect image. I understand that LCDs work like that, but the better ones dont look as bad from an angle.

Whats most annoying is that if you type on your lap and the screen bounces slightly as you do, the screen colors change as your typing.

Any advice or is this something I need to live with.

I just created a post about this like 15 minutes ago. It happens here too..I guess it is something we will have to live with or get the macbook pro....

levitynyc

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 19, 2006
I just created a post about this like 15 minutes ago. It happens here too..I guess it is something we will have to live with or get the macbook pro....

Yeah, i'm not paying 2000 bucks.

Italchef

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2003
Maple, Ontario
I understand what you both are talking about. I think for most laptop owners having a wide viewing angle is not neccessarily a good thing. I really don't want strangers seeing what I'm doing when I'm out in public. I do find that I have to have the brightness turned up almost all the way no matter what kind of environment I'm in.

Mick

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.