Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yoda5747654

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2021
Hi All!!

I would like to ask something about my new mbp m1 2020. When I close the screen and try to put mbp to the sleeve I realized that when I put pressure to the top of the screen it makes sound. Is it normal? I mean that while I was lifting it the screen makes a noise when i put a pressure on the top of screen.

Maybe it is normal that the computer and the screen is so thin?

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Do not press down on the top of the screen. It is fragile. It is possible to damage a screen pressing down on the top of the screen repeatedly. If you are sliding the Mac into a sleeve, I am not sure why you feel you need to press down on the screen. If this is in regards to closing the lid, just use a finger and lightly close the lid gently pulling down from the middle where your finger doesn't touch the screen.

Reactions: chabig

Yoda5747654

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2021
Do not press down on the top of the screen. It is fragile. It is possible to damage a screen pressing down on the top of the screen repeatedly. If you are sliding the Mac into a sleeve, I am not sure why you feel you need to press down on the screen. If this is in regards to closing the lid, just use a finger and lightly close the lid gently pulling down from the middle where your finger doesn't touch the screen.
oh thanks for your advices. I won't press it anymore after your post. Now my screen works well no harmful damage sign or etc. I look through even under on flash and also high brightness nothing looking bad or cracked. I won't try it again so is that a normal thing that sound?

By the way is there any possibility to put the MacBook in to sleeve without touching it :D I couldn't understand why you said "If you are sliding the Mac into a sleeve, I am not sure why you feel you need to press down on the screen." In some how I need to lift the computer to put it in the sleeve.

Last edited:

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
oh thanks for your advices. I won't press it anymore after your post. Now my screen works well no harmful damage sign or etc. I look through even under on flash and also high brightness nothing looking bad or cracked. I won't try it again so is that a normal thing that sound?
I believe some people have reported hearing a sound after pressing down on the top of the screen. Whether or not that is normal under that condition, I don't know.

Yoda5747654

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2021
I believe some people have reported hearing a sound after pressing down on the top of the screen. Whether or not that is normal under that condition, I don't know.
Now i read your comment again but I think that you understand me wrong. I am not touching or pressing down to the screen.

I meant that when I close the lid and while lifting the macbook i press the outside of the screen where the apple logo is (the metal side) I heard a noise coming out there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.