Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
I've got a Power Support crystal film being delivered today. It's made for the Air 1, but AFAIK the Air 2 cutouts are identical - far as I know the outer circumference of the touch ID ring is the same as the old non-touch ID home button.

jcborden

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
For those that have actually put your clear screen protectors on their iPad Air 2 have you found it added back all the glare saved by the new screen?

I put my normal one on (ElecShield, used on my iPhone and iPad Air) and found there was a lot of glare again so have taken it back off... Would be very interested to hear which protectors genuinely don't add any glare - but not the horrible anti-glare ones that ruin the screen clarity!

berthaconners

macrumors member
May 20, 2014
For those that have actually put your clear screen protectors on their iPad Air 2 have you found it added back all the glare saved by the new screen?

I put my normal one on (ElecShield, used on my iPhone and iPad Air) and found there was a lot of glare again so have taken it back off... Would be very interested to hear which protectors genuinely don't add any glare - but not the horrible anti-glare ones that ruin the screen clarity!

I mean, the amfilm one is great for me. I can't even tell it is there.

Here's a link to the amazon page.

FrankB1191

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
After giving away all of my Zagg products, I began buying these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200982496245
I bought them the first time, because the seller was close to me. I continued buying them because they are crystal clear, ultra smooth, not too thick or thin, apply easily, stay on great, and come off without problems. Oh, and the price is excellent.

No affiliation, just a very happy customer. ;)

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
i put my air 1 screen protector on my air 2. fits the same, but there are two cutouts at the top, one for the camera and one for the air 1's ambient light sensor, which the air 2 doesnt have - so the front panels between air 1 and air 2 are not identical, unfortunately

FrankB1191

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
i put my air 1 screen protector on my air 2. fits the same, but there are two cutouts at the top, one for the camera and one for the air 1's ambient light sensor, which the air 2 doesnt have - so the front panels between air 1 and air 2 are not identical, unfortunately

The screen protectors I linked above only have a cutout for the home button and camera. I already had one left, but wondered if it would accommodate the Touch ID. It does, and I ordered another pack. My wife picked up an Air 2 yesterday, so I'll have to hold my breath until the protector arrives in the mail. She's not entirely careful with electronics.... :(

mattroman246

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2009
Upstate NY
Anyone have any recommendations? I like clear, and not too expensive.

I've always used protectors on my phone but it's not like my iPad is ever in and out of pockets. Never had a scratch (knock on wood)

How hard is it to apply one of those without getting dirt lint or bubbles on it?

Benz63amg

macrumors 601
Oct 17, 2010
i have a tech armor screen protector on my iPad air 2 as well, love it great screen protector and yes i assume it does as more glare to the screen but i rather have my screen protected and have a bit more glare to the screen.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
i have a tech armor screen protector on my iPad air 2 as well, love it great screen protector and yes i assume it does as more glare to the screen but i rather have my screen protected and have a bit more glare to the screen.

I don't notice any extra glare it actually almost feels like the bare glass of course with a tiny bit less clarity. I'll post some pictures tomorrow no bubbles at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.