Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sk8mash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
England
Could someone please point me towards the best screen protector for the ipod touch. Im not worried about the screen getting damaged, because being glass that would be quite hard, however it would be nice to have the protector to stop the smudging a bit. Btw im in the UK. I have looked around the forum, but most people talk about screen protectors from best buy etc. which you cant get in the uk!

Oh and im not worried if its of eBay, if someone has had some good experience from a seller there.

Thanks very much to anyone who can help!

godisjustpreten

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2007
I'm really happy with the semi-official Apple one: Power Support anti-glare (link). This is the one they try to send you home with when you buy it at the Apple Store.

I tried the Boxwave one and it was horrible - it cut down on the responsiveness.

sk8mash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
England
Ah right thanks, i noticed that on the apple site earlier. Anyone else know of anything? Apple sometimes take a rather long time to deliver!

Stang68

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2007
USA
Try "best skins ever" or Invisible Shield. Both work well and I suggest covering the back of the touch as well since that chrome scratches so damn easily. I put one on the back and it is still like a mirror! :)

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wirelessly posted (iTouch 1.1.2 (JB'd): Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

I use an InvisibleShield on the back (the extra grip makes it MUCH easier to hold on to) but after trying it on the front as well I ended up ripping it off and just threw on a PET film instead. The film has a few micro-scratches now but it's easy enough to replace and in the meantime it looks like glass - totally invisible, even upon close inspection.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
i got the dlo Jam jacket seems pretty nice has a screen protector and a holder for the headphones ill have a repost later when my ipod touch comes tommorow

Omad0n

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2002
Seattle, WA
I also would highly recommend the invisible shield. The best part is that now i can carry the Touch in my pocket now w/o any other case. It keeps its thinness and i keep it's beauty!

LordEntropy

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2007
I got a set of PDO screen protectors off of Ebay which worked out at £7.48 delivered, cheaper than buying them here in the UK! Unfortunately they have all gone.

They attach via static and you get 2 sets for the price so cheaper than Power Support.

thebrain74

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2006
I would highly highly recommend the powersupport anti-glare one, its the the best screen protector I've ever used by a large margin

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.