Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uh-oh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2004
Where do you buy decently priced and good quality screen protectors for your powerbook?? I don't want dirt on my screen!

advres

Oct 3, 2003
Boston
uh-oh said:
Where do you buy decently priced and good quality screen protectors for your powerbook?? I don't want dirt on my screen!

while it is open or when it is closed? when it is closed I used to use a piece if felt the size of my keyboard, but now I have a leather one from smalldog.com. It is a lot thinner and makes the lid sit tighter then the felt. While open I have no idea. I couldn't handle anything on my screen, it would annoy the hell out of me

uh-oh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 26, 2004
I agree with you on your last point! I have always hated using phones where pple still have a screen protection thingie on it...

efoto

macrumors 68030
Nov 16, 2004
Cloud 9 (-6)
There are lay-ins from either smalldog or radtech that work well. They work to simply cover the keys from contacting the screen (especially keeping your finger oils off of it) which will help to avoid the bright squares some people have on their screens.

mrgreen4242

macrumors 601
Feb 10, 2004
You should consider getting a laptop privacy screen from 3M. They are expensive, but if you can find one that is the right size they will both protect your screen and your information from peering eyes!

Rob

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.