Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gbf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2019
Does anyone know if apple got the iPhone 13/13 mini/13 pro/13 pro max screen protector machine in yet to apply the screen protectors?

JDP1970

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Just returned from the Apple Store in Leeds UK. As someone as already posted elsewhere, there is a quality issue with the Belkin in store screen protector’s. I enquired about the OtterBox Amplify as an alternative - they’ve been pulled as well so, maybe it’s an issue with the machine? He did say that prior to the pulling, the one’s fitted early in the morning appeared to go on fine. I ended up leaving with an OtterBox Amplify & a Belkin, to fit at home, as that’s all that was left for the 13 Pro Max.

Reactions: Dextux

starbucks1222

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2015
Antioch, CA
Just returned from the Apple Store in Leeds UK. As someone as already posted elsewhere, there is a quality issue with the Belkin in store screen protector’s. I enquired about the OtterBox Amplify as an alternative - they’ve been pulled as well so, maybe it’s an issue with the machine? He did say that prior to the pulling, the one’s fitted early in the morning appeared to go on fine. I ended up leaving with an OtterBox Amplify & a Belkin, to fit at home, as that’s all that was left for the 13 Pro Max.

What thread is that post in? I made an appointment for Sunday to get one put on here in the states.

KevinMalone

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2021
What thread is that post in? I made an appointment for Sunday to get one put on here in the states.
I believe it's this one - I'm also going Sunday to my local Apple store to hopefully get one installed. I'm in the states also. I hope the machines are OK here, I hate putting on protectors.

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
I used a spare 12 PM one from Armor. It fits perfectly except for that stupid notch. It doesn't interfere with Face ID. It just bothers me looking at it. I don't want to shell out another $35.

Reactions: tommyboy9996

kkhimji2001

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2017
will apple store cov garden/ox street be able to fit my new iphone 13 with screen protector tomorrow?

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
My sister ask me to help her get a deal on her 75" Samsung Q60 LED two months ago. I kept bargaining and somehow the manager ended up offering Tempered Glass screen protectors...

Knowing I will be buying the 13PM, I ask him for 12PM. LOL So this is what I will be using.

I got her $100 off the sale price and free wall mount BTW.

alyssap22

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2014
I was in the store today and was told they didn’t have the machines to apply protectors for the new phones. They will get them at some point though.

gbf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2019
I heard that all the screen protectors were pulled

gbf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2019

gbf

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 13, 2019
What store can you buy them in? I never heard of them. Why do you like them better than zagg or belkin

FattiesGoneWild

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2019
I never said I like them better just that they are a name brand. I never used them personally but, have used zagg/belkin. Otterbox glare guard is my personal favorite.

iamthedudeman

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2007
Does anyone know if apple got the iPhone 13/13 mini/13 pro/13 pro max screen protector machine in yet to apply the screen protectors?
Why would you over pay for a screen protector that you can put on your self? Most come with a guide now. Just get one of those.

Reactions: ABSjazz

coso

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2012
I applied myself the Belkin esclusive 20$ one as the machine wasn't available. But I then noticed that it is a matte protector.... I wanted it shiny.... well, anyway the application is a breeze

3Rock

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2021
Just put on a ESR screen protector on mine. Went on without a hitch. Had it on my iPhone 12 pro as well. Very good name brand screen protector.

kkhimji2001

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2017
Why wouldn’t you just get an ESR off Amazon? I got one for my 13P and it goes on super easy with a guide. Zero issues.

ESR Armorite Screen Protector Compatible with iPhone 13 Pro Max, with Easy Installation Frame, 110 lb of Force Resistance, Ultra-Tough Tempered-Glass Screen Protector, 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B099KHRJJW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_7S5QW3DJXTZ5NA118C4P
what case? I got sierra blue and want to see the colour so not a clear case ideally a see through one? Yes I know the pack comes with an easy installer everytime I peel the front of the label on iphone off I get a spec of two of dust, how quickly do you install it to pretend particles in the air getting on the screen?

iamthedudeman

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2007
I am scared to get one spec of dust or hair on the phone
And at the store you think they care? I always put on a screen protector right when i pull ff the cover on the phone, that way its almost impossible to get dust under the glass.takes five minutes.

iamthedudeman

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2007
Because if it’s not exactly perfect when they hand it to me, I hand it back and say do it again.
That doesnt make sense. Why cant you do it your self? I never had a problem. A eight year old can do it. My nephew got a iphone SE and he did it himself. I showed him how. No dust or crap under the screen. Not difficult. I didnt even know they hadba screen protector service at Apple. Thought they were extinct at stores period.

Reactions: 3Rock

SqB

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Northern Colorado
That doesnt make sense. Why cant you do it your self? I never had a problem. A eight year old can do it. My nephew got a iphone SE and he did it himself. I showed him how. No dust or crap under the screen. Not difficult. I didnt even know they hadba screen protector service at Apple. Thought they were extinct at stores period
That doesnt make sense. Why cant you do it your self? I never had a problem. A eight year old can do it. My nephew got a iphone SE and he did it himself. I showed him how. No dust or crap under the screen. Not difficult. I didnt even know they hadba screen protector service at Apple. Thought they were extinct at stores period.

You make many assumptions there. I am capable of doing it myself, but why when I can have them take the freshly opened phone and take care of it for me.

I am a perfectionist when it comes to these things and the ones they use in the store go on perfectly and are basically invisible. If I don’t get it on expat correctly or dust or dog hair sneak in while I’m applying it, I have to pay for another. If they’re doing it, I don’t pay until it’s done correctly. It’s not that expensive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.