Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silverhawk

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Anybody have any suggestions as to the best way of applying these clear film without getting absolutely no dust at all? I just got one that really works nice with anti-glare but some how whenever i tried to fix it, it gathered up more dust. :(

beramodk

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2007
The best way is to turn on your shower on hot for a while and let the bathroom become steamy. Then let the steam out for a while so u don't get condensation on ur screen, then apply it inside the bathroom. You won't have a single dust flowing inside since it's all weighted down by the steam.

Nexxus

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2007
Auckland, New Zealand
I washed everything down and left the counter surface wet. Then I got my cutting board which was totally clean and put the touch on it. I wiped the screen with a slightly damp cloth and quickly dried the surface with a hairdryer. I then applied the screen protector. Not a spec of dust could be found.

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
i just got the pelican screen guard for the psp and cut it to make it work on my ipt. can this same method work for this?

whenever i try to reapply static stickers, they never stay as well as the first time. any hints?

soulstruck

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2007
Power Support just released the itouch screen protectors last Friday. :) I ordered one and it came today. It's perfect! I got the crystal film set cause I like the glossy look.

Just be patient and clean when applying the films, it's not too difficult. Don't take the plastic backing off right away. Use a lint-free cloth to slowly guide it off the backing from one end to the other.

http://www.powersupportusa.com/products/ipod/default_touch.php

Crystal Film Set - glossy, some fingerprints, but can easily clean it
Anti-glare Set - no fingerprints, reduces glare -- looks like an lcd monitor.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.