Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

maverick786us

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2012
Columbus, GA
Whenever I use my iPhone for screen recording, I go to home center and start recording the screen once I am done with recording I press dynamic island and a window flashes, giving two choices: (1) stop recording and (2) cancel. If I do not tap on either: at this stage the recording is effectively paused. In order to stop the recoding I press the first option instead of going to home center.

I didn't make any changes with the settings and I am no longer see that window, when I press the dynamic island instead of that windows it shows me a message "Stop recording". I need that window, because there are many occasions when I pause the recording instead of stopping. But that window no longer appears. How can I get that window back?

risswex

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2024
Seattle
  1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
  2. Scroll down and select "Control Center."
  3. Tap on "Customize Controls."
  4. Look for "Screen Recording" in the list. If it's not in the "Include" section, find it in the "More Controls" section and tap the green plus icon to add it to the "Include" section.
After doing this, try screen recording again, and when you access the Control Center, the window with the options to stop or cancel the recording should appear as it did before.

subzento

Suspended
Mar 24, 2023
Salt Lake City
  1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
  2. Scroll down and select "Control Center."
  3. Tap on "Customize Controls."
  4. Look for "Screen Recording" in the list. If it's not in the "Include" section, find it in the "More Controls" section and tap the green plus icon to add it to the "Include" section.
After doing this, try screen recording again, and when you access the Control Center, the window with the options to stop or cancel the recording should appear as it did before.
Btw I did the exact same procedure and the problem was gone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.