Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krose

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2016
Hi,

I had a cracked screen replaced for my iPhone 6 recently and after the engineer left, I noticed that the loudspeaker and Siri was no longer working. I never had an issue with these before.

I contacted the technician and he's told me that the mic should be fine b/c he tested it with a phone call, but this not the case if not all functions for incoming sound are working properly. He did not test Siri or Loudspeaker.

Can anyone explain what would cause to not work on Siri and loudspeaker if the sound on calls works okay? Are they coming from different mic sources?

Has anyone else come across this issue?

Would be good to get any info to try to understand what the problem may be.

Thanks!

krose

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2016
If it worked before and does not now the tech needs to fix it.

Sometimes these things are hard to prove.
That doesn't answer my question. See question again above.

The reason I ask the question I asked is b/c the tech is arguing with me that it works because he tested a phone call after repairing (not siri or loudspeaker) and i'm fairly certain there must be another issue b/c they were both working fine before. So I'd like to go back to the tech with more details of what it could be (since clearly he's not thorough) I thought I might find some experts on here who might have an idea.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
That doesn't answer my question. See question again above.

The reason I ask the question I asked is b/c the tech is arguing with me that it works because he tested a phone call after repairing (not siri or loudspeaker) and i'm fairly certain there must be another issue b/c they were both working fine before. So I'd like to go back to the tech with more details of what it could be (since clearly he's not thorough) I thought I might find some experts on here who might have an idea.
Siri needs all the phones mic's to be working. The mouthpiece is just one, there is one in the earpiece and one on the rear. All need to be working for noise cancellation which Siri uses. If it can't detect one it won't work.

Reactions: krose

krose

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2016
Siri needs all the phones mic's to be working. The mouthpiece is just one, there is one in the earpiece and one on the rear. All need to be working for noise cancellation which Siri uses. If it can't detect one it won't work.
Great - that's super helpful. Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.