Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kake001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2020
Hi guys my iPhone screen 6splus is cracked I am looking at I fixed it screen for 100 but it’s not oem but on eBay i see few oem screens for my phone can I just buy screen from eBay and will I get True Tone plus are screens in any way locked any issues here thanks

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
You're going to lose TouchID if you do this yourself - unless you have the very expensive equipment Apple used to reprogram Touch ID.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Get Apple to replace the screen for $149. You might get lucky with a genuine screen off eBay. If you do, you could still screw something up trying to install it and lose Touch ID, which would cost you more time and money.

Last edited:

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Sounds like you want to keep the phone. If so, I'd recommend Apple fixing it. It might cost a little more but you know it'll be perfect.

Kake001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2020
I can replace it my self i can buy genuine iPhone 6s plus that is locked o broken but my question is can i use the screen

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
If you do that your Touch ID won’t work anymore. Better off paying the extra money to have Apple do it.

Kake001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2020
You need a machine that cost just over $2,000 to get Touch ID working again after a screen replacement. Unless you don’t care about Touch ID, pay Apple to fix it.

I don care about touch id or paying 250 apple price to fix it really, my main concern is quality of the screen I can buy one from Ifix i but its no oem but will cost me same to buy broken iPhone with good screen but screen will be oem now my concern is can i swap iPhone screens thanks
[automerge]1595209241[/automerge]
If you do that your Touch ID won’t work anymore. Better off paying the extra money to have Apple do it.
i don't care about touch id

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I don care about touch id or paying 250 apple price to fix it really, my main concern is quality of the screen I can buy one from Ifix i but its no oem but will cost me same to buy broken iPhone with good screen but screen will be oem now my concern is can i swap iPhone screens thanks
[automerge]1595209241[/automerge]

i don't care about touch id
Apple charges $149. If parts cost you $100 or so, it makes sense to have Apple do it so you know you wont have problems after the fact. If you don’t care, do it yourself.

Don’t know why you made a thread. It appears you already had your mind made up.

Kake001

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 22, 2020
Apple charges $149. If parts cost you $100 or so, it makes sense to have Apple do it so you know you wont have problems after the fact. If you don’t care, do it yourself.

Don’t know why you made a thread. It appears you already had your mind made up.
In Canada its 250 for repair with tax i did made up my mind but i waned to know if i can take good screen from other iphone 6s+ and transplant it to my iPhone 6s+

Lekro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2019
I don’t know where is this information about the Touch ID coming from but during a screen swap you transfer over the original button to the new screen. Very easy to do.

Also please link the source for that $2000 USD machine because I’d buy it.

Apple doesn’t sell the horizon machine nor does RepairCal work without GSX access. You can’t pair a new Touch ID no matter the machine or money you have.

Once I even tried to write the new Touch ID serial to the NAND and that didn’t work either, even though the serial was matching for the button and the motherboard.

Last edited:
Reactions: BugeyeSTI

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Is ‘Error 53’ still an issue with third-party displays? Or did Apple patch a update where that’s not a consideration with third-party displays when the user attempts to repair a ‘cracked screen or a failing Touch ID-home button‘ through a third party not licensed direct by Apple.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.