Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marklcfc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 5, 2007
Do screen replacement prices get reduced around this time of year or not? I know batteries did a few years ago when I needed one but never needed a screen replacement before. £159 for one seems excessive. I don't have Applecare but even if I did it looks like I'd be spending around that amount if you add costs of both (£119+£25) for a screen replacement so whats the point.

Last edited:

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Do screen replacement prices get reduced around this time of year or not? I know batteries did a few years ago when I needed one but never needed a screen replacement before. £159 for one seems excessive. I don't have Applecare but even if I did it looks like I'd be spending around that amount if you add costs of both (£119+£25) for a screen replacement so whats the point.
No. Apple service prices are never discounted this time of year. Only time I've seen a discount was when battery replacement cost was reduced to appease the masses during the battery/throttling controversy..

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
iPhone replacement parts prices have always been sky high - to entice the user to buy a new iPhone instead of repair an old one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.