Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ri0ku

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
My ipad screen seems a bit yellowish to me :S compared to my 1st gen ipod touch screen... but when I compare the 1st gen touch then i start thinking the touch screen looks a bit blueish...

I then compared to my macbook pro screen (which looks FAR better but obviously it was a £1,500 machine its bound to look better especialy with the increased colour gama)

Has anyone else notised this? or am I just being paranoid :S it doesnt look MUCH more yellowish I can just notised..

I then compared to my brothers acer monitor (which is a couple of years old now) and the ipad colours looked almost identical to his monitor.

edit: I think apple should include the ability to set your display up on the ipad in the settings. So you can calibrate it

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
You know if I turn up the brightness and look at a white screen too long I start to see yellow dots on my iPad too but it's not the iPad it's me. Just saying :p

ri0ku

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
You know if I turn up the brightness and look at a white screen too long I start to see yellow dots on my iPad too but it's not the iPad it's me. Just saying :p

lol

Na I really notice a difference with colours on mine, mostly with the whites. The top bar of safari for instance looks quite odd to me.. its more yellowish/grey but on my ipod touch its a nice solid grey/blueish colour like on my macbook screen

heniu

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2010
so, mine is a bit reddish(compared to my dell monitor), i dont know why all ipads aren't same: neutral colors.

tuxing

macrumors member
May 21, 2010
My ipad screen seems a bit yellowish to me :S compared to my 1st gen ipod touch screen... but when I compare the 1st gen touch then i start thinking the touch screen looks a bit blueish...

I then compared to my macbook pro screen (which looks FAR better but obviously it was a £1,500 machine its bound to look better especialy with the increased colour gama)

Has anyone else notised this? or am I just being paranoid :S it doesnt look MUCH more yellowish I can just notised..

I then compared to my brothers acer monitor (which is a couple of years old now) and the ipad colours looked almost identical to his monitor.

edit: I think apple should include the ability to set your display up on the ipad in the settings. So you can calibrate it

Me too. Even without comparison yellow tinge is present . On comparing to iPhone 2g it's very obvious.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.