Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
I checked the battery today and the multimeter showed 3.0v
approx. I changed it 3 years ago
It's true that I haven't used Windows much recently, but it seems to work flawlessly!
It's like MacOS just doesn't want to work properly
However, a game has also become problematic on Windows since I reinstalled Windows
there is a game that worked flawlessly and since the reinstallation I start it and when it loads and the game is almost loaded the computer freezes but only turning it off and then on again helps!
I also thought that the video card is starting to fail or the error in the new radeon driver is causing the game to freeze
however, I tried other games under Windows and it lags
in the past it was like that sometimes it stuck, but now it's quite frequent
in principle, there is no overheating, but you wrote that the system does not indicate it in all cases

Install your AppleOEM GPU and run AHT:

For a cross-flashed early-2009, you need mid-2010 AHT/ASD.

Krisz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2018
Hungary

Attachments

• Képernyőfotó 2024-03-23 - 20.39.27.png
    Képernyőfotó 2024-03-23 - 20.39.27.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 19

Krisz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2018
Hungary
Since my machine is originally 4.1, I don't know which version I need to download, 4.1 or 5.1?

Krisz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2018
Hungary
You are asking something that you were already told:

View attachment 2362070
The quick test went all the way, but the extended one seemed to freeze during the memory test!
I waited, but the progress indicator didn't go on and the fans started spinning
The result of the short test can be seen in the picture!

Attachments

• tempImage6peSxZ.png
    tempImage6peSxZ.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 20

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
The quick test went all the way, but the extended one seemed to freeze during the memory test!
I waited, but the progress indicator didn't go on and the fans started spinning
The result of the short test can be seen in the picture!

You can try testing the DIMMs one by one to see if is a DIMM problem or a CPU tray problem.

Krisz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2018
Hungary
You can try testing the DIMMs one by one to see if is a DIMM problem or a CPU tray problem.
I ran the memory test with TechTool pro and it passed without error

Attachments

• Képernyőfotó 2024-03-23 - 22.24.59.png
    Képernyőfotó 2024-03-23 - 22.24.59.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 17

Krisz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2018
Hungary
I ran the memory test with TechTool pro and it passed without error
I started testing the rams one by one and the AHT freezes the same way!
The movement of the mouse pointer does not freeze, but the test program does nothing! and does not respond to the cancel button
it doesn't even indicate the elapsed time because it says 5 minutes, I waited at least half an hour
Before these freezes and machine malfunctions started, I did 2 things and I don't know if this caused the problem ?

1. I switched to Open core 0.9.8, but Windows 10 froze at the logo!
I thought I would install Windows 11 because I used it a long time ago and it didn't freeze!
After installation, I started to test that the games run on it and then I noticed that one of my favorite games freezes when it loads the track!
I thought that this was caused by the compatibility of win11 and I reinstalled Windows10
I installed all the drivers and the game froze!
It worked flawlessly with Windows 10 before I installed win 11
anyway, windows 11 installation didn't work with opencore 0.9.8 either
so I went back to 0.9.4.

2. at the same time, I tried an rx550 video card that didn't even work with monterey system! Then I looked it up and read that this card is not supported by MacOS
It worked fine with Windows!
I don't know if these 2 things can cause any problems?

Attachments

• tempImagegmd7R2.png
    tempImagegmd7R2.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 20

Krisz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2018
Hungary
I started testing the rams one by one and the AHT freezes the same way!
The movement of the mouse pointer does not freeze, but the test program does nothing! and does not respond to the cancel button
it doesn't even indicate the elapsed time because it says 5 minutes, I waited at least half an hour
Before these freezes and machine malfunctions started, I did 2 things and I don't know if this caused the problem ?

1. I switched to Open core 0.9.8, but Windows 10 froze at the logo!
I thought I would install Windows 11 because I used it a long time ago and it didn't freeze!
After installation, I started to test that the games run on it and then I noticed that one of my favorite games freezes when it loads the track!
I thought that this was caused by the compatibility of win11 and I reinstalled Windows10
I installed all the drivers and the game froze!
It worked flawlessly with Windows 10 before I installed win 11
anyway, windows 11 installation didn't work with opencore 0.9.8 either
so I went back to 0.9.4.

2. at the same time, I tried an rx550 video card that didn't even work with monterey system! Then I looked it up and read that this card is not supported by MacOS
It worked fine with Windows!
I don't know if these 2 things can cause any problems?

Damn! I may have found the source of the error!
Last time I cleaned the machine because of the dust and when I put the processor board back for some reason it didn't want to go into place and I had to play with it for a while before it went into place
I just took out the tray again to check the north bridge and I found a part in it that fell out somewhere
I'll find where it fell out and solder it back!

Attachments

• tempImage9eZkUU.png
    tempImage9eZkUU.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 22

Krisz

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2018
Hungary
The part is not from the machine, I don't know. how did it get into it... Today I found out that the video card is faulty and it is causing the problems!

I would like to ask for a little more help
I have already received help regarding the Windows installation, but unfortunately it is too complicated for me:(
I switched from opencor 0.9.4 to 0.9.8 and burned windows 10 to DVD
then I removed the external and internal HDDs and started the Windows installation from the DVD
After about 1 hour of waiting, the installer started and Windows was installed successfully! But for some reason 3 launchers appeared in the bot menu!
Now Windows starts normally with opencore version 0.9.8! But those 3 launcher icons are very confusing! By the way, Windows only starts by clicking on the first icon, and when you click on the other two, it says that the system cannot be found! How can I make the unnecessary 2 start-up icons disappear?

Attachments

• tempImageGtERfx.png
    tempImageGtERfx.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 18
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.