Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
That makes sense, if you assume that dosdude's legacy video patcher (or some other patch) *restored* the analog signal... DVI=>VGA *did* work using the pre-Metal card. Now that I have the metal card (with your kind help) I've disabled the legacy card patcher and experience the blanking.
Legacy patcher re-install the High Sierra drivers (I think?) for the now unsupported graphic cards.

Apple don't have a Mac with VGA output since El Capitan, when MP3,1 was last supported. VGA support using the analog signal of DVI connections was finally removed from the Mojave GPU drivers. Active VGA adapters still work, these don't depend on the GPU drivers.

Legacy patcher is incompatible with METAL GPUs.

joshuafried

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
Legacy patcher re-install the High Sierra drivers (I think?) for the now unsupported graphic cards.

Apple don't have a Mac with VGA output since El Capitan, when MP3,1 was last supported. VGA support using the analog signal of DVI connections was finally removed from the Mojave GPU drivers. Active VGA adapters still work, these don't depend on the GPU drivers.

Legacy patcher is incompatible with METAL GPUs.
Thank you--again!

joshuafried

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
you cant disable the legacy patches, you need to install the system again to get ridd of the patches.
Yes, my method of "disabling" was to reinstall and re-patch without legacy GPU, all done via @dosdude1 tools. Sorry for the misleading wording. In another thread here someone mentioned a workaround to avoid having to reinstall, but I reinstalled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.