Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What monitor are you using with your Mac Studio?

• 4K 16:9

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • 4K 21:9 Ultrawide

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • HD 16:9

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • QHD 21:9 Ultrawide

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Apple Studio Display

Votes: 60 54.5%
  • Apple Pro Display XDR

Votes: 10 9.1%
  • Dual 16:9 Monitor Set Up

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • Dual 21:9 Monitor Set Up

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ray&Paula

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2015
Happy you made your choice. Since a couple of months I have the Eizo CG2700S (2560x1440p) next to my 5k iMac, and I like it very much. Way better for photography/editing...and preparing for print. I don' t do video at all(shooting/editing) and with my images I now can actually see what I do. Editing/noise reduction/sharpening/etc. And ofcourse colour accurate for printing. For viewing iMac is very nice (like watching those 4k videos from internet). But for accurate photo editing...Eizo beats it hands down. Ofcourse if there' s no need for this, then the iMac is superb. I feel I have the best of both worlds now.
Congratulations on your choice.
Awesome!! Glad to know and hear..... I'll take a look at the Eizo. 👍

Ray&Paula

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2015
@ ray&Paula
Did you already take a look at the Eizo?
I haven't been able to find one for physically viewing. I see that it does have great color gamut along with great contrast. My dislikes is 2560 x 1440, 400 nits. I know Eizo calls it an HDR monitor but, at 400 nits I would have to actually see it. Eizo has a new one which is 3840x2160 which is 500 nits but, which is usually at the starting point for the HDR brightness. It does have a touch better response time but, only by 6ms. That one comes in at about $3500.00. At those prices, I would want a much higher brightness closer to true HDR. I'm sure they're awesome for photography needs, but I'm more into the video side. My lean right now is towards the non-HDR 600 nits VESA mount Apple Studio Display. My dislikes for the ASD is only having no down stream for daisy chaining and of course they're ridiculous stand pricing. I sincerely appreciate your input and looking forward in taking a look at the Eizo. Thanks and Happy Holidays! 👍😊

Dutch60

macrumors regular
May 18, 2019
Ok. Clear, that for mainly video you could also look elsewhere I suppose (don' t know anything about that).
I never did/don't /will not do, any video at all. Only photography.
I wish you all the best with finding a proper monitor that suits your needs!
Happy Holidays to you too!

Reactions: Ray&Paula

Ray&Paula

macrumors regular
Feb 12, 2015
Ok. Clear, that for mainly video you could also look elsewhere I suppose (don' t know anything about that).
I never did/don't /will not do, any video at all. Only photography.
I wish you all the best with finding a proper monitor that suits your needs!
Happy Holidays to you too!
Thank you. 👍

Feek

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
JO01
Like the majority of responders in the poll, I'm using an ASD. In fact, I'm using a pair of them!

If the poll would allow it, I'd select ASD and Dual 16:9 Monitor Set Up.

Feek

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2009
JO01
Hey @gshocked, I tried to report this thread to amend the poll so that multiple options could be selected but it seems you have to request it. Can you do that please?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.