Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleTalker

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2013
Hello,

I'm on OS X Yosemite 10.10.3, currently.

I'm a bit confused by this problem, and will try to explain it as best as possible.:

A few days ago I by mistake messed around with my key commands, while cleaning my keyboard and the copy command didn't work. I went into System Preferences, Keyboard, and first set everything to default, back to the way it was and so was the copy key. Then I changed a chrome command, and that was it.

Next thing I know, my system doesn't switch screens like it used to. For example, say I'm in full screen in Chrome and I go to my dock and click Skype to open it up, it doesn't open up like it did before. Before, when I was in Chrome fullscreen, it would automatically jump to the other app, no questions. Same goes for any other app that I am in fullscreen, I have to go out of full screen, then it will open the other app.

I'm wondering if there was a fix to this, as it's annoying, and I want it to go back to normal. I think it was a key command change, but I have no clue.

Any and all help is very much appreciated.

AppleTalker

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2013
Update - simply restarting my Mac fixed the problem, and now everything is back to normal. Thanks everyone!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.