Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ekwipt

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
Is it possible?

I'd love to be able to choose my own categories. As an example Waze is included in Reading and Reference, but so is Apollo (a reddit client). I'd love the ability to move things out of a particular category and also not to count as a category at all. It might come as a later update as the categories are greyed out but it would be cool if you could change them.

Reactions: T-Will

TheSkywalker77

macrumors 68030
Sep 9, 2017
I’ve tried so many tones to find ways to do this and still haven’t. I wish it wasn’t so locked down.

In a future beta hopefully they change it to be a lot more customisable.

kkay5

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
It looks like you can group specific apps in a time limit. If you select an app under the most used section in screen time, you can select add limit and then choose other apps to share in a time limit for it.

It doesn’t work like this is working right now for kids on family sharing.

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
Put in a feature request in the Feedback app. I'm surprised at how it categorizes Waze too, and would like to ignore screen time calculated when using it.

Reactions: ekwipt

ekwipt

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
Put in a feature request in the Feedback app. I'm surprised at how it categorizes Waze too, and would like to ignore screen time calculated when using it.

Yeah I tried and when I got to the section of what beta build I was using, I didn't know and went to check in the preferences, when I multitasked back to the feedback app, all of my entered data was gone!..... I was like **** that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.