Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
Updated my X to iOS 12, and the screen time menu was initially populated normally. I pressed a button to stop sharing screen activity with members of my family, and now everything in the screen time menu is disabled with no way to turn it back on. Any suggestions on how to get it back?

https://imgur.com/a/aovVp8S

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
Tried rebooting, no dice. Wanted to check to see if there were any other suggestions before I went for a reset all settings / restore.
[doublepost=1528155370][/doublepost]Went to reset all settings but was notified my ApplePay cards would get cleared. Can’t do that as I lost my credit card this weekend and have been using ApplePay until my replacement comes.

Saffon

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2018
I have the same issue.
Tried:
- rebooting
- quitting family sharing
- logging off from apple id
- resetting settings

Nothing changes, unfortunately.
Any suggestions?

Saffon

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2018
You may need to fully charge your phone since it has been restarted when you updated the phone to iOS 12. Hope that helps
My iphone was charging during the whole night but the problem is still here.

[doublepost=1528201563][/doublepost]
It seems that I have found a solution.
You need to leave your existing Family Sharing and create a new one in which you will become Organizer. It may take some time to update settings (about 15 minutes, maybe less) and then you will get access to Screen Time section.
It you quit newly created Family Sharing and join the old one as Adult or Parent/Guardian, the problem will return

Last edited:

delta77thegreat

macrumors member
Jul 23, 2014
The odd thing is that my iPhone X has Screen Time greyed out and my iPad Pro does not. Both are signed into the same iCloud account which is not an organizer on Family Sharing.

Cergman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2013
my tesla
I found a better solution than creating an entirely new family sharing group:

Have the organizer promote you to Parent/Guardian. once this is enabled, screen time greets you with a splash screen and it works as intended!

Reactions: yass31
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.