Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
What’s up with all the screentime requests since iOS17??

Previously I used to get a notification pop up on my phone or watch, and I could grant or decline extra time easily.
Now its an annoying text message that comes through every single time, filling up my messages and losing the flow of any conversations etc.

I want to revert back to the previous pop up notifications and stop receiving text messages every time!

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Ah so its not just me - seems like a generic change.
Have also found granting extra time doesn't always work from messages or even from my watch. I have to actually go into Settings > ScreenTime and grant extra time from there.
Worked so well before!!!!

• Sad
Reactions: orbital~debris

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Ignore - duplicate post

Last edited:

Corgirat

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2016
Also the same here. Mostly annoying is the lack of giving extra time via my watch.
Exactly this! I’m charging my phone in the other room when kids send me requests for more time, I can’t approve it on my watch! Why?? Their iPads, my phone, my watch, my iPad, everything is connected on same router . Their iCloud logins are listed as my children. Are we just a few people wanting this to work on watches? This was the main purpose for getting my Apple Watch a few months ago😭

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Exactly this! I’m charging my phone in the other room when kids send me requests for more time, I can’t approve it on my watch! Why?? Their iPads, my phone, my watch, my iPad, everything is connected on same router . Their iCloud logins are listed as my children. Are we just a few people wanting this to work on watches? This was the main purpose for getting my Apple Watch a few months ago😭

Agree - the watch made it so nice and easy. I have no idea why Apple would remove this functionality - there's just no reasonable explanation I can think of!

Reactions: Corgirat

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
On a side note Im also finding requests to download/purchase an app do not work at all - not even via iPhone.
I have to actually do it in person on the device.

Corgirat

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2016
Agree - the watch made it so nice and easy. I have no idea why Apple would remove this functionality - there's just no reasonable explanation I can think of!
By the time I got my watch in last November, this function must had already been disabled because I remember being so disappointed by this.

Corgirat

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2016
On a side note Im also finding requests to download/purchase an app do not work at all - not even via iPhone.
The last time I checked this was working on my iPhone. But I remember going through similar issue on one of my kids’ iPad a while back. Somehow it’s working on both now.

Reactions: Ifti

Hart1583

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2011
Peoria, IL
It doesn’t anymore.
The only way to see download/purchase requests is:
Settings
Family
Click on family member name
Then on the popup, click on their name (right under their pic)

(They have to tell you they requested a purchase or download). It’s so dumb!

Reactions: Ifti

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Allowing extra time for screen time requests now seems to be working via the Apple watch again.......well.....for now......

Reactions: BBDDVV
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.