Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tadros

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 29, 2007
New Jersey
So last night, I placed my iPhone 15 Pro Max on the wireless charger I have from Belkin, as I do every night. I have the phone set to charge only up to 80% since I am home most days anyway. When I woke up around 6:30 AM ET, my screen was not lit. I keep the always-on display on, but it only displays the time. I thought the phone hadn't charged for some reason and had died, but when I tried pressing the volume up, volume down, and lock buttons, they gave haptic feedback. Still, the screen remained black.

I used a USB C hub and an external monitor to see what was on the screen, found the slide-to-shutdown option, and shut down the phone. So the touch screen was working fine, I couldn't see what it was displaying. Luckily, when the phone rebooted, the screen came right on. It was scary, too, because I got a notification that I set off the emergency SOS while trying to get the screen to work, but it didn't make any sounds alerting me.

Has this happened to anyone else and does this seem like a hardware issue that I ought to be worried about, or was this an iOS glitch/hiccup? I am running iOS 17.1

Last edited:

Tadros

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 29, 2007
New Jersey
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.